|Commander:||RADM Sir James Jones|
| Area of
| USA: AK, CA, ID, HI, OR, NV, WA|
CAN: BC, YT
|Reporting to:||First Space Lord|
- 1 History
- 2 Fleet Headquarters Unit
- 3 Order of Battle
- 4 Former Echelons and Member Vessels
- 5 Tenth Fleet Orders
- 6 Related Orders and Directives
- 7 References
The Tenth Fleet was established in 2011 with the Naval Directive 11FB-07 from the First Space Lord, FADM Lord Sir Scott Akers, to then-RADM Chrissy Killian to assume command of the fleet. HMLAC Grimalkin formed in the Los Angeles area in February of 2012, under the command of then-LTSG Christopher Beilby. The very first hyper-capable vessel to commission within the fleet was the lead ship of the Roland-class, HMS Roland, in May of 2012, based in the city of San Jose, California, under the command of then-LCDR Jack Yeager. Two months later, the Nike-class battlecruiser HMS Truculent formed in Seattle, WA, under the command of CAPTJG Timothy Monk. Grimalkin would upgrade to the Roland-class destroyer HMS Bedivere, the following year, and then again to the famous Star Knight-class heavy cruiser HMS Merlin.
With those three vessels operating and growing their crews, the fleet remained in that configuration until the fleet saw a major growth spurt beginning on April 15, 2014, when the Nike-class HMS Artemis formed in San Francisco, California, under the command of CAPTSG Sir Thomas Marrone, KR. In Oregon, the Agamemnon-class battlecruiser HMS Black Rose commissioned on April 19th at NorWesCon, under the command of CAPTJG James Sena. Shortly afterwards during BayCon 2014 on Memorial Day Weekend, HMS Wolf formed in the California Central Valley, under the command of then-CAPTJG James Jones. Less than a month later, Task Group 91.1 was formed under the command of Sir Thomas, with Artemis as his flagship.
Black Rose and Truculent's efforts led to major growth in the Pacific Northwest, with HMS Andromeda (Everett, WA) and HMS Helen (Hillsboro, OR) commissioning in October. These two new battlecruisers helped to form Battlecruiser Squadron 96 as a result, with Black Rose and Helen forming one division (BatCruDiv 961), while Truculent and Andromeda formed the other (BatCruDiv 962).
2015 has seen more expansion, especially with the first vessel to launch in British Columbia during February, HMS Callisto under the command of CAPT Jenni Merrifield, GSN. Callisto joined BatCruDiv 962 upon commissioning. BayCon saw another vessel launching in May, with the first CLAC in Tenth Fleet to form, HMS Cerberus, under Captain Jones' command, spinning off from his former command, Wolf. In June, the Kamerling-class light cruiser HMS Earsidh Kamerling launched in southeastern Washington under the command of CDR Terry Banta, and joined BatCruDiv 961 as a screening element. The following month, HMLAC Cochrane launched in San Diego under the command of LTJG Thomas Grellner, joining Task Group 91.1. Grimalkin rejoined Tenth Fleet under the command of LTSG Tim Simpson, patrolling San Diego.
In November, Artemis upgraded to HMS Medusa under the command of CDRE Michael Garcia, and became the flagship of Tenth Fleet after Admiral Fontana Flats transferred her flag aboard. Later that month, HMS Seljuk and GNS Madrigal commissioned at OryCon 37 in Portland, while Merlin and Grimalkin upgraded to Artemis and Bedivere, respectively.
BatCruDiv963 formed in 2016, under the command of Madrigal 's commanding officer, CAPT Robert Demkiw, GSN. Medusa launched a pinnace in preparation for a new destroyer in Sacramento (HM Pinnace Medusa-01). HMS Hellhound was the first ship to be commissioned in 2016, under the command of LCDR Sir Mark Gledhill, KE, expanding the British Columbia presence from two ships to three. HMS Chainshot commissioned at BayCon 2016, under the command of then-CDR Sir Joseph Harney, KCE, returning Medusa's pinnace back to the boat bay. In June, Hellhound joined BatCruDiv963, while Roland and Chainshot formed DesDiv231, under the command of CDR Jack Yeager. Wolf and Cerberus merged to form HMS Thunderer in July, under the command of CAPTJG Sonja Thiede. GNS Randolph Candless commissioned in early August under the command of CAPT Aaron Davis, GSN. Artemis and Randolph Candless formed BatCruDiv 921 under the command of CAPTSG Beilby. During August, Roland and Chainshot upgraded to Superdreadnoughts, commissioning HMS Intractable and HMS Revenge, respectively.
Battle Squadron 2 formed in early September, under the command of CDRE Sir Joseph Harney, with subordinate echelon forces in Battle Division 201 (Medusa and Intractable) and Battle Division 202 (Thunderer and Revenge). Later that month, Madrigal and Hellhound upgraded to the Superdreadnought GNS Jason Mueller and Light Cruiser HMS Avalon, respectively. As a result, BatCruDiv 963 was dissolved, and both vessels along with Callisto were placed on detached duty within Tenth Fleet.
Tenth Fleet Commanding Officers
|1||ADM Lady Chrissy Killian||HMS Truculent||9 Mar 2011||31 Dec 2017|
|2||RADM Sir James Jones||HMS Thunderer||1 Jan 2018||Incumbent|
Tenth Fleet Deputy Commanding Officers
|1||CDRE Sir James Sena, QCB, KDE, CGM||HMS Black Rose||13 Jul 2014||10 Sep 2016||ADM Killian|
|2||CDRE James Jones, SC, OE, OG, GS, CGM||HMS Thunderer||10 Sep 2016||31 Dec 2017|
|3||CDRE Jenni Merrifield, OE, DSO, CBM, GSN||HMS Callisto||1 Jan 2018||Incumbent||RADM Jones|
Tenth Fleet Senior Master Chief Petty Officers
|1||FSMCPO Michael Garcia, OC, GS||HMS Artemis||01 Jun 2014||30 Aug 2015||ADM Killian|
|2||FSMCPO Neil Davis||HMS Thunderer||04 Sep 2015||24 May 2017|
|3||FSMCPO William Cain III, OC, QBM||GNS Randolph Candless||24 May 2017||Incumbent|| ADM Killian|
Fleet Headquarters Unit
- Commanding Officer: RADM Sir James Jones, GCE, CR, SC, OG, CGM, GS, QBM, CBM
- Deputy Commanding Officer: CDRE Jenni Merrifield, OE, DSO, CBM, GSN
- Fleet Bosun: FSMCPO William Cain III, OC, QBM
- Fleet Chief of Staff: CAPTJG Dale Imbleau, ME, GS, QBM
- Fleet Intelligence Officer: CDR Dame Melissa Hadley, KE
- Fleet Operations Officer: VACANT
- Fleet Communications Officer: VACANT
- Fleet Flag Captain: CAPTJG Dame Sonja Thiede, KE, SC, OG, CGM, GS, QBM
- Lynx Regiment Commanding Officer: COL Sir Michael Houghtaling, KDE, OG, NS, CBM, RMMC
Order of Battle
- Main article: Task Group 91.1
Task Group Members
The following task group members are not currently assigned to any echelon force:
- Main article: BatRon 2
- HMS Revenge (SD-317) (Squadron Flagship), under the command of CAPTJG Theresa Hindle. Patrolling Sacramento, CA.
- HMS Medusa (SD-316) (Division Flagship), under the command of CAPTJG Erik Roberts, QBM. Patrolling San Francisco, CA.
- HMS Thunderer (SD-323) (Fleet and Division Flagship), under the command of CAPTJG Sonja Thiede, SC, QBM. Patrolling Fresno, CA.
- HMS Intractable (SD-459), under the command of CAPTJG Jack Yeager. Patrolling Antioch, CA.
- Main article: BatCruDiv 921
- HMS Artemis (BC-592) (Division Flagship), under the command of CAPTSG Christopher Beilby, OR. Patrolling Santa Ana, CA.
- GNS Randolph Candless (BC-56), under the command of CAPT Aaron Davis, GSN. Patrolling Victorville, CA.
- Main article: Task Group 94.1
- GNS Jason Mueller (SD-36) (Task Group Flagship), under the command of CAPT Amy Stevenson-Demkiw, GSN. Patrolling Surrey, BC.
- HMS Callisto (BC-722), under the command of CAPT Jenni Merrifield, GSN. Patrolling Vancouver, BC.
- HMS Avalon (CL-395), under the command of CDR Sir Mark Gledhill, KCE. Patrolling Nanaimo, BC.
- Main article: BatCruRon 96
- HMS Black Rose (BC-520) (Squadron and Division Flagship), under the command of CAPTJG Dale Imbleau. Patrolling Portland, OR.
- HMS Andromeda (BC-571) (Division Flagship), under the command of CAPTJG Sir Patrick McKinnion, QCB, KE, GS. Patrolling Edmonds, WA.
- HMS Helen (BC-570), under the command of CAPTJG Duane Keitzmann. Patrolling Salem, OR.
- HMS Truculent (BC-593), under the command of CAPTJG Mir Plemmons, SC. Patrolling Seattle, WA.
- HMS Eardsidh Kamerling (CL-717), under the command of CDR Edward Newton. Patrolling Eltopia, WA.
The following units are not assigned to any echelon force within Tenth Fleet, and are considered to be on detached duty:
Former Echelons and Member Vessels
The following echelons were formerly assigned to the Tenth Fleet:
- Battlecruiser Division 963 - dissolved on 30 September 2016 when Madrigal upgraded to Jason Mueller.
- Destroyer Division 231 - dissolved on 23 August 2016 when Roland upgraded to Intractable.
The following vessels were formerly assigned to the Tenth Fleet:
- HMS Cerberus (CLAC-42) - Crew merged with Wolf to commission Thunderer on 31 July 2016, Cerberus has since recommissioned within Third Fleet.
- GNS Madrigal (BC-13) - Upgraded to commission Jason Mueller on 30 September 2016.
- HMS Merlin (CA-270) - Upgraded to recommission Artemis on 28 November 2015, Merlin has since recommissioned within Second Fleet.
- HMS Wolf (CA-429) - Crew merged with Cerberus to commission Thunderer on 31 July 2016, Wolf has since recommissioned within Eighth Fleet.
- HMS Chainshot (DD-372) - Upgraded to commission Revenge on 27 August 2016.
- HMS Hellhound (DD-446) - Upgraded to recommission Avalon on 30 September 2016.
- HMS Roland (DD-476) - Upgraded to commission Intractable on 23 August 2016, Roland has since recommissioned within Second Fleet
- HMLAC Grimalkin (LAC-002) - Upgraded to Bedivere on 04 September 2012. Relaunched in Tenth Fleet again on 18 October 2015, and then upgraded to Bedivere on 28 November 2015.
- HMLAC Cochrane (LAC-010) - Decommissioned 1 June 2016 due to inactivity.
- GNSLAC Vital Grandin (LAC-021), Decommissioned 9 September 2017 due to inactivity.
Tenth Fleet Orders
Related Orders and Directives
|The Numbered Fleets of the Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Home (1st) - 2nd - 3rd - 4th - 5th - 6th - 7th - 8th - 9th - 10th|