Fleet Senior Master Chief Petty Officer
The Fleet Senior Master Chief Petty Officer (abbrev: FSMCPO, colloq: Fleet Bosun) is a Fleet-level Staff position with the paygrade of E-10 in the Royal Manticoran Navy. The occupant of this position is to be considered the most senior enlisted member. The equivalent position outside of a Fleet is the Command Senior Master Chief Petty Officer (abbrev: CSMCPO).
Job DescriptionSenior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy.
- Senior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy: Senior enlisted person in the Organization/tRMN
- Fleet Senior Master Chief Petty Officer: Senior enlisted person in a Fleet.
- Command Senior Master Chief Petty Officer: Senior enlisted person in a Ground installation. (ie: SIA)
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Be a Cheerleader for the enlisted
- Encourage Participation
- Assist in conflict resolution
- Train/Educate Ship Bosuns in their various assigned duties including taking exams at the Academy
- Be the voice of the enlisted to the Fleet Admiral and assist them as required.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Admiral or SMCPON.
- First and foremost a FSMCPO/CSMCPO needs to do everything possible to enhance the fan experience of the members of the Fleet. This includes all enlisted and even junior officers. Make sure they find what they are looking for if possible in the fan environment.
- Assign and oversee duties of the Bosuns assigned to them within their respective fleet. Hands on if needed, but ideally the FSMCPO/CSMCPO would give direction and then make sure it is done right & well.
- Act as ombudsman to the Fleet Commanding Officer to resolve conflicts.
- Discuss with each Bosun about their crew’s desired level of involvement (military, civilian, etc.) and assist them in getting their crew to participate to their level of comfort.
- Assist the Bosuns in encouraging the crew to participate and have fun
- Create and foster an attitude of military bearing and respect among the crew to the best of each person’s comfort level.
- Foster an appreciation for uniform dress (whether it is a t-shirt or the full uniform). Help each member work to achieve at least a basic level of TRMN attire. Note what items per crewmember are needed to accomplish he next level of uniform dress.
- Be well versed in Drill and Ceremonies and the use of the Bosun’s Pipe. Teach and maintain the crew’s ability to perform basic military drill and ceremonies functions as detailed by the commanding officer’s directives.
- Oversee enlisted exam-taking and rating development in the fleet.
- Locate and mentor Bosuns to achieve higher rank and to take on more responsibility. Groom a crewperson to take over FSMCPO duties should the FSMCPO become unavailable.
- Conduct a quarterly report of the fleet's Bosuns.
- Make a quarterly report to the SMCPON identifying any areas for growth, or any major accomplishments.
TRMN Fleet/Branch SMCPOs
- Senior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (SMCPON), Royal Manticoran Navy: Sir Christopher Baye, OC, KR, NS, ME
- Senior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, Grayson Space Navy (SMCPON GSN) Kathy Rau, OC, OE, QBM
- Bureau of Planning: CSMCPO Lord Sir William J. Lochen, OC, KR, KE, NS, Baron La Mancha
- Bureau of Communications: CSMCPO Sir Shon Elliott, KCE, OC, NS, QBM
- Bureau of Personnel: CSMCPO Sarah Hamilton
- Bureau of Training: CSMCPO Ken O'Dell, OC, DGC, NS, ME, CBM
- Bureau of Supply CSMCPO Megan Krick, DGC, NS, QBM
- First Fleet: FSMCPO Marge Duff, NS
- Second Fleet: FSMCPO Kevin Walsh, NS
- Third Fleet: FSMCPO Sir John Kane, KCE, QBM, CBM
- Fourth Fleet: FSMCPO William Underhill, ACLW, ME, GSN
- Fifth Fleet: SGTMAJ Neil Swadling, RMA (acting)
- Sixth Fleet: FSMCPO Scott Summers
- Seventh Fleet: OSBDF Tim Damm, IAN
- Eighth Fleet: FSMCPO Brandi Lyn Darbe, , OC, OE, NS
- Tenth Fleet: FSMCPO William Cain III, OC, QBM
- Bosun (position)
- Senior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
- Sergeant-Major of the Army
- Sergeant-Major of the Marine Corps