Marshal of the Army
Marshal of the Army (abbrev: MotA) is an flag paygrade within the Royal Manticoran Army. It holds the equivalent military paygrade of F-6 and is the Senior Vice-President of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Association, Inc. A marshal of the army is referred to as a "marshal."
In peacetime, a Marshal of the Army is the term given to the commanding officer of the Army, so there is every only one of this rank. They would have served as an Field Marshal or General, approved by the House of Lords, and confirmed by the First Lord of the Admiralty on behalf of the monarch.
The Marshal of the Army is also in charge of the Royal Manticoran Army, who is the Senior Vice-President of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. and is a member of the Board. For the work they do, this person is awarded the rank of Marshal of the Army.
- The duties of the Marshal of the Army are as follows (These duties may be expanded as necessary by Admiralty Orders, Navy Regulations, Protector’s Orders, Corps Directives or Army Directives):
- Acting as liaison between TRMN and the RMA.
- Appointing all members of the High Command.
- Forwarding to the TRMN Promotions Board his own recommendations for promotion of RMA personnel to the rank of Colonel and above.
- Reporting to the members of TRMN, through its various publications, on what is happening in the RMA.  Promotions to Marshal of the Army is now only by appointment as per Admiralty Order 1510-01.
List of Marshals of the Army
|1||Katsumi Takahasi||01 February 2007||01 December 2010|
|2||Lord Sir Robert Jackson, KSK, KDE, MM, Earl Karstadt Sea||01 December 2010||Incumbent|
- F-6 equivalents from other branches of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.: