Sergeant-Major of the Marine Corps
The Sergeant-Major of the Marine Corps(abbrev: SGTMAJRMMC,) is a Headquarters-level staff position with the paygrade of E-10 in the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps. They are the most senior enlisted member in the Marine Corps.
Job DescriptionGunnery Sergeants under his command know their duties and responsibilities, and to be the voice of the Enlisted to the Marshal of the Army. This is a Headquarters position, as a key member of the Commandant's Staff.
- Sergeant-Major of the Marine Corps: Senior enlisted person in the Marine Corps/tRMN
- Sergeant-Major of the Army: Senior enlisted person in the Army/tRMN.
- Command Sergeant-Major: Senior enlisted person in a Ground installation. (ie: SIA)
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Be a Cheerleader for the enlisted
- Encourage Participation
- Assist in conflict resolution
- Train/Educate MarDet Gunnery Sergeants in their various assigned duties including taking exams at the Academy
- Be the voice of the enlisted to the commanding officer and assist them as required.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
- First and foremost a SGTMAJRMMC needs to do everything possible to enhance the fan experience of the members of the Army. This includes all enlisted and even junior officers. Make sure they find what they are looking for if possible in the fan environment.
- Assign and oversee duties of the Gunnies. Hands on if needed, but ideally the SGTMAJRMMC would give direction and then make sure it is done right & well.
- Act as ombudsman to the Commanding Officer to resolve conflicts.
- Discuss with each Gunny about their crew’s desired level of involvement (military, civilian, etc.) and assist them in getting their crew to participate to their level of comfort.
- Assist the Gunny in encouraging the crew to participate and have fun.
- Create and foster an attitude of military bearing and respect among the crew to the best of each person’s comfort level.
- Foster an appreciation for uniform dress (whether it is a t-shirt or the full uniform). Help each member work to achieve at least a basic level of TRMN attire. Note what items per crewmember are needed to accomplish he next level of uniform dress.
- Be well versed in Drill and Ceremonies. Teach and maintain the crew’s ability to perform basic military drill and ceremonies functions as detailed by the commanding officer’s directives.
- Oversee enlisted exam-taking and rating development in the fleet.
- Locate and mentor Gunnies to achieve higher rank and to take on more responsibility. Groom a crewperson to take over SGTMAJRMMC duties should the SGTMAJRMMC become unavailable.
- Conduct a quarterly report of the unit's Gunnies.
- Sergeant-Major of the Marine Corps (RSGTMAJ) Eric Lee
- Senior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
- Command Sergeant-Major
- Sergeant-Major of the Army