Most Noble Order of the Star Kingdom
The Most Noble Order of the Star Kingdom (abbrev: OSK) is a dynastic order of the Star Kingdom of Manticore. There are no known recipients of this order within the Honorverse canon. The only mention is that Bridgadier-General Dame Stephanie Harrington was offered this honor and declined it.
Appointment to this order is awarded to recognize extraordinary and pre-eminent achievement or merit in service to the Honorverse or TRMN at large. Those awarded this order are permitted to use the prefix ‘Sir’ or ‘Dame’ and the post nominal letters of ‘KSK’. This order comes in only one class, Knight, and is hereditary (can be passed to the eldest offspring upon the death of the knight).
The Order of the Star Kingdom was first awarded 3 August 2013 at Shore Leave 35 in Hunt Valley, MD. At the end of the TRMN Annual General Meeting, an investiture ceremony was held in which David Weber and Martin Lessem were each in turn invested with a blue velvet mantle embroidered with the star of the order and then were dubbed with a sword. The sword used was of Grayson design and had been custom made for presentation to Weber. Lady Sharon Rice-Weber, then-Duchess of Leutzen Vale, stood in for the sovereign and dubbed David Weber. David Weber then dubbed Lessem.
Ribbon and Badge Design
Companions of the Order
- AotF (ret) Lord Sir David Weber, KSK, GCR, GCGL, Grand Duke of New Montana, Prime Minister of the Star Kingdom, (HMS Duke of Cromarty)
- AotF Lord Sir Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS, RMN Duke of New Scania First Lord of the Admiralty, (Admiralty House)
- MotA (ret) Lord Sir Robert J. Jackson, KSK, KDE, KCGL, MM, OCA, Duke of Karstadt Sea, Lord Speaker. (House of Lords)
- MotC Lord Sir Sean Niemeyer, KSK, KCR, GS, RMMC, Duke of New Ulyanovsk, Commandant Royal Manticoran Marine Corps, (London Point)
- CSMCPO Lord Sir William Lochen, KSK, OC, KR, KE, SC, NS, QBM, RMN Baron of La Mancha. (Bureau of Planning).
- RADM Lord Sir Kim A. Niemeyer, KSK, KDE, SC, QBM, RMN Baron Bahia Cadiz, Fifth Space Lord. (Admiralty House)
- RADM Lord Sir James J Jones, KSK, GCE, CR, SC, OG, CGM, GS, QBM, CBM, RMN, Baron Whidbey Basin, CO (Tenth Fleet).
- RADM Lord Sir Matthew W. Parker, QCB, KSK, SC, OE, OG, RMN, Baron Camera Stellata, Judge Advocate General. (Admiralty House).
- ADM Lady Dame Chrissy Killian, KSK, KCE, OCN, QBM, RMN. Countess of Fontana Flats, Chancellor of the Exchequer. (Admiralty House).
- FMSHL Lady Dame Heather Selbe, AC, KSK, KE, MG, Baroness Blacksburg. Chief of Staff, RMA. (King William's Tower)
|Awards of The Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Orders:||OSK - OKR - OGL - OQE - OM - OG - DSO - OCN|
|Honors:||Unconquered - Valhalla - Protector's Own - Privy Council|
|Achievement:|| PMV - QCB - MC - OC - SC - DGC - NS - MT |
CGM - GS - QBM - SXC - RHDSM - MID - CBM
CSM - MSM - NCD - NMAM
|Service:|| POW - SAPCM - MOM - HWC - HOSM |
GACM - KR3CM - QE3CM - MCAM - MtSM
MRSM - GCM - SSD - RTR - NCOSCR
|Unit Citations:||LHC - RUC - RMU - FEA|
|Qualifications of The Royal Manticoran Navy|
|OSWP - ESWP - NRM - NPM - OAW - EAW - FMF Civilian Pin|