The TRMN Wiki is an organization-specific reference website written by the Office of the First Space Lord for prospective and current members of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.; Our goal is to become the largest, most reliable, and most up-to-date encyclopedia about everything related to the our organization.
This wiki was started in 15 July 2014 by Michael Garcia as the Tenth Fleet Wiki, a reference for those in Tenth Fleet to find information quickly. It was adopted as the TRMN Wiki by BuComm in 2016. This wiki was inspired by Wikipedia, a free, open-source encyclopedia. There are currently 3,499 articles that are being worked on.
The Head Administrator is the lead administrator for all matters involving the wiki.
Wiki Administrators are responsible for all executive-level matters pertaining the wiki.
- Doss Buckalew, Fourth Space Lord - UX Engineer, BuComm Leadership
- Shon Elliott, BuComm CSMCPO - Systems and Network Engineer, BuComm Leadership
The Wiki Manager is directly responsible for appointing and approving all wiki projects, and assigning leads and other editors to complete theme.
Wiki Project Leads are those members of the Wiki Team who've accepted responsibility for creating and maintaining pages germane to their specialties.
- John Neitz, Peerage Project Lead
- Lori Bonilla, BuComm Project Lead
- Cindy Van Wyhe, FLA Project Lead
- Zachary White, Uniform Board Project Lead
- Geoff Strayer, Second Fleet Project Lead
- Colin Lloyd, BuTrain Project Lead
- Benjamin Wagner, BuSup Project Lead
- Marcus Johnston, Eighth Fleet Project Lead
Wiki Team Members are those who operate in an at-large capacity and have no specialty. They will often assist Project Leads, patrol new pages, edit existing pages, and ensure adherence to the published Manual of Style.
- Laura Lochen
- Shirley Kunz
- Christa Brolley
- Joseph Harney
- Sonja Thiede
- Brad Lee
- Rick Matheny
- Melissa Hadley
- Phil Culmer
- Brad Handley
- Jonathan Wilson
- William Cain III
- Jeff Hughes
If you wish to participate, please email: wikimaster at trmn dot org.
- Recent changes, see articles that are being worked on right now
- All pages listed by title
- Random article
- New articles
- Article categories
- Introduction, a starting point.
- Policies and guidelines for contributors, all policies and procedures.
- Help pages, for help on editing articles and more
- Contact information, for information on how to contact the staff.
About wikis in general
For many people, the idea of a wiki might be a frightening and incredible concept. Take a few minutes to read some (or all!) of the links below, and get a better perspective on how a wiki is managed.
- About Wikipedia
- Why Wikipedia is so great
- Why Wikipedia is not so great
- Replies to common objections, a collection of counter arguments for common objections to the Wikipedia and wiki concept
- WhyWikiWorks, a discussion about the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb
- WhyWikiWorksNot, a discussion about the problems with the wiki concept at the original WikiWikiWeb