Admiralty Order 1511-07
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)||Home Office Directives (Civilian)|
|To:||All Officers, Enlisted and Civilians in The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.|
|From:||Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS, First Lord of the Admiralty, Admiral of the Fleet, Duke, New Scania|
|Re:||The Official Secrets Act - Updated (Admiralty Order 1511-07)|
The following Documents and Databases are to be considered classified Royal Manticoran Navy/Marine Corps/Army items and are not to be spread to members without rights to view them.
- The Online Membership Database – Only the Royal Council and BuComm Database Staff will have full access to this database. The Admiralty will have access based upon their needs. Fleet, Echelon, and Unit Commanders will get access to perform their duties. Certain Staff, such as the Staffs of BuPers, BuTrain, and the JAG, will also be given access to the Database as dictated by their needs.
- Financial Documentations – Only the First Lord of the Admiralty, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, and the Seventh Space Lord (BuSup), and as necessitated by legal requirements, the Judge Advocate General, shall have access to this information.
- All Exams are controlled items and are covered by the Secrets Act. Completed answers or exams are not to be shared with any member who has not successfully completed that exam.
- Any additional Documents relating to membership records or member finances deemed to require extra protection to ensure the safety of our membership’s personal and financial information
- Any Documents provided TRMN by BuNine, Words of Weber, or David Weber’s representatives, and deemed as covered by the First Lord of the Admiralty and First Space Lord.
- Any additional Documents or Systems voted on by the Admiralty (First Lord of the Admiralty & The Seven Space Lords), the Commandant of the Marine Corps, the Marshal of the Army, and the High Admiral of the Grayson Space Navy. A vote of 8 out of 11 will be required to add a Document or System to the Official Secrets Act.
|Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS|
|Admiral of the Fleet, RMN|
|First Lord of the Admiralty|
|Duke, New Scania|
- Although the text of the order states that it amends AO 0801-02, further clarification from the First Lord of the Admiralty states that it supersedes it in its entirety,
- A clarification from the Judge Advocate General was posted to the main The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.}'s group on Facebook:
|To:||All Members of The Royal Manticoran Navy|
|From:||CDRE Matthew Parker, Judge Advocate General|
Anyone accessing the database again for the first time after tonight will notice that there is a new agreement to click through. It is labelled "Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement", and while it may seem alarming at first it is nothing to worry about--but definitely something to read and know.
As the Medusa system expands, individuals will be given additional permissions to interact with it. Since Medusa contains member information that is protected by the Official Secrets Act, it was decided to have all members acknowledge that by using Medusa you may be given permission to view this information. Clicking acknowledges that you have read the Agreement and agree that you will follow it, and date stamps it in the system.
So what has changed on the Member's end? Nothing. The Official Secrets Act is already binding on all members, so this acknowledgment doesn't change anything you could or couldn't do. But it reminds everyone of their responsibilities, which is important as people are given more access and duties, and provides TRMN with protection in case someone should disseminate data and later claim that they were unaware.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact my office, and I will be happy to address them.
- Admiralty Order 0801-02: "Official Secrets Act" (superseded)