Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet (abbrev: AotF) is an flag paygrade within the Royal Manticoran Navy. It holds the equivalent military paygrade of F-6 and is the leader of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Association, Inc. An admiral of the fleet is referred to as a "admiral."
In peacetime, an Admiral of the Fleet is the term given to the commanding officer of the Home Fleet, so there is only ever one of this rank at any time. They would have served as an Admiral, approved by the House of Lords, and confirmed by the First Lord of the Admiralty on behalf of the monarch.
The Admiral of the Fleet is also the First Lord of the Admiralty, who is the President of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. and serves as Chairman of the Board. For the work they do, this person is awarded the rank of Admiral of the Fleet.
- The duties of the First Lord of the Admiralty are as follows (These duties may be expanded as necessary by Admiralty Orders.):
- Day-to-day running of the organization
- The issuing of regulations in the form of Admiralty Orders
- Chair of the Peerage Board
- Chair of the Promotion Board
- Issuer of the Monarch’s Warrant
- Appointment of Officers to the Senior Leadership Position
- The Official Media Contact of the Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.
- Responsible for calling and chairing the Tri-Annual Leadership Board Meeting
- Responsible for chairing the Annual Membership Meeting
- The Official Legal Contact of the Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.
List of Admirals of the Fleet
|1||Lord Sir Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS, Duke New Scania||01 February 2008||Incumbent|
- F-6 equivalents from other branches of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.: