Task Force 21
|Task Force 21|
|USA: MN, WI|
|Reporting to:||Second Fleet|
Task Force 21 (abbrev: TF21) is a task force-level echelon reporting to the Second Fleet. Its area of operations includes the U.S. states of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Task Force 21 was formed on 04 November 2014 through Naval Directive 14NO-01, which appointed Commodore John Neitz to the position of Commanding Officer. CDRE Neitz chose his previous command, HMS Invincible (SD-455) as his flagship.
Task Force 22 Commanding Officers
|1||CDRE Sir John Neitz, Baron Westmarch||HMS Invincible||04 Nov 2014|
|2||CDRE Sir Justin Grays, Baron New Victoria||HMS Intrepid||19 April 2016|
|3||CDRE Ann Erickson||25 Nov 2018 |
Task Force Command Staff
- Commanding Officer:
- Deputy Commanding Officer:
- Flag Captain:
Area of Operations
TF 22 consists of ships located in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Order of Battle
Task Group 21.1
TG 21.1 is under the command of CAPTSG Dame Jill McTavish, KDR.
- HMS Invincible (SD-455) Task Force 1 flagship. Location: Winona, MN.
- HMS Valkyrie (SD-355) Task Group flagship. Location: Minneapolis, MN
- HMS Leonidas (BC-584) Location: Moorhead, MN.
- HMS Intrepid (SD-463) Location: Willmar, MN.
- HMS Hellhound (DD-446) Location: St. Paul, MN.
Destroyer Squadron 265 (DesRon 265)
DesRon 265 is under the command of CAPTJG Sir Paladin Meyer, and is assigned to Task Group 21.1. This Squadron is comprised of 3 destroyers and a heavy cruiser command ship, located northwest of the Twin Cities.
- HMS Merlin (CA-270) Location: St. Cloud, MN.
- HMS Lodestone (DD-64) Location: Elk River, MN.
- HMS Javelin (DD-264) Location: Big Lake, MN.
Task Group 21.2
TG 21.2 is under the command of CAPTSG Timothy Bailey, and comprises chapters located in the state of Wisconsin.
- HMS Musashi (BC-775) Location: Milwaukee, WI.
- HMS Gawain (DD-481) Location: Madison, WI.
- HMS Borzoi (DD-438) Location: River Falls, WI.
Task Force Orders