Sergeant-Major of the Army
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Sergeant-Major of the Army|
The Sergeant-Major of the Army (abbrev: SGTMAJRMA, alternately SMA) is a Headquarters-level staff position with the paygrade of E-10 in the Royal Manticoran Army. This is the most senior enlisted member of the Royal Manticoran Army.
The Sergeant-Major of the Army is an important position. They are responsible for the enlisted in the entire Army, ensuring that RMA non-commissioned officers know their duties and responsibilities, and to be the voice of the Enlisted to the Marshal of the Army. This is a Headquarters position, as a key member of the Marshal's Staff.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Be a Cheerleader for the enlisted
- Encourage Participation
- Assist in conflict resolution
- Train/Educate Unit NCOICs in their various assigned duties including taking exams at the Academy
- Be the voice of the enlisted to the commanding officer and assist them as required.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Marshal of the Army.
- First and foremost a SGTMAJA needs to do everything possible to enhance the fan experience of the members of the Army. This includes all enlisted and even junior officers. Make sure they find what they are looking for if possible in the fan environment.
- Assign and oversee duties of the NCOs assigned to them within their respective field armies. Hands on if needed, but ideally the SGTMAJA would give direction and then make sure it is done right & well.
- Act as ombudsman to the Commanding Officer to resolve conflicts.
- Discuss with each NCOIC about their unit’s desired level of involvement (military, civilian, etc.) and assist them in getting their unit to participate to their level of comfort.
- Assist the NCOIC in encouraging the crew to participate and have fun.
- Create and foster an attitude of military bearing and respect among the crew to the best of each person’s comfort level.
- Foster an appreciation for uniform dress (whether it is a t-shirt or the full uniform). Help each member work to achieve at least a basic level of TRMN attire. Note what items per crewmember are needed to accomplish he next level of uniform dress.
- Be well versed in Drill and Ceremonies. Teach and maintain the crew’s ability to perform basic military drill and ceremonies functions as detailed by the commanding officer’s directives.
- Oversee enlisted exam-taking and rating development in the fleet.
- Locate and mentor NCOICs to achieve higher rank and to take on more responsibility. Groom a crewperson to take over CSGTMAJ duties should the CSGTMAJ become unavailable.
- Conduct a quarterly report of each unit's NCOICs.
|2||SGTMAJ Michael Tolleson||27 Jul 2022|
|2||SGTMAJ Brian Lee||27 Jul 2022||Incumbent|
- Senior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
- Sergeant-Major of the Marine Corps
- Command Sergeant-Major