Order of Queen Elizabeth
The Order of Queen Elizabeth (abbrev. OQE, formal name: The Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth I) is one of the five Manticoran orders of chivalry. The highest rank, Knight Grand Commander, is held by the Monarch.
This order is awarded for donations to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. either via PayPal (a link of which can be found on our website or by emailing the First Lord of the Admiralty) or other non-monetary donations. Starting January 1, 2017 the following listed of accepted donations that can be applied towards membership in the Order of Queen Elizabeth can be found on the website.
Donations may be cumulative over time and your level within the Order can increase. The four highest awardable classes entitled the member to utilize the prefix “Sir” or “Dame”. They member are also entitled to the post-nominal letters as follows: Knight Grand Cross (GCE), Knight Commander (KDE), Knight Companion (KCE), Knight (KE), Companion (CE), Officer (OE), Member (ME), and Medal (EM). The highest class, Knight Grand Commander (GDE) is reserved for the Monarch and therefore not awarded.
This order is not hereditary. For each subsequent award, the member is promoted within the Order to reflect their new amount of cumulative donations made as listed above.
How to Obtain
For donations to The Royal Manticoran Navy, the benefactor will be inducted into the Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth.
There are eight classes which can be awarded, the four highest of which confer a knighthood on the recipient, allowing them to prepend "Sir" or "Dame" before their first name. All eight classes entitle use of post-nominal letters. The classes of the order (with post-nominals in parentheses) are: ($USD):
- Medal of the Order of Queen Elizabeth (EM) - Donations ranging from $25 up to, and including $50.
- Member of the Order of Queen Elizabeth (ME) – Donations ranging from $51 up to, and including $100.
- Officer of the Order of Queen Elizabeth (OE) – Donations ranging from $101 up to, and including $150
- Companion of the Order of Queen Elizabeth (CE) - Donations ranging from $151 up to, and including $200
- Knight, Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth (KE) – Donations ranging from $201 up to, and including $250
- Knight Companion of the Order of Queen Elizabeth (KCE) – Donations ranging from $251 up to, and including $300
- Knight Commander of the Order of Queen Elizabeth (KDE) – Donations ranging from $301 up to, and including $900
- Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Queen Elizabeth (GCE) – Donations totaling more than $901
Donations may be cumulative over time and promotion within the Order will be given as a member reaches the next tier. One may hold only one class of the order at any time.
Application information can be found here.
For the various OQE Honors, the following ribbons are used:
Members of the Order
Because the full list of members of the order is lengthy, members are listed in the Admiralty Orders issued to induct or elevate members.
- "Mission of Honor"
- Admiralty Order 1102-16: "Most Regal Order of Queen Elizabeth - Revised"
- TRMN Bureau of Personnel Awards Manual 2017 Edition
|Awards of The Royal Manticoran Navy and Marine Corps|
|Honors:||Peerage - HMS Unconquered - HMS Valhalla|
|Orders:||Star Kingdom - King Roger - Golden Lion - Queen Elizabeth - Merit|
|Achievement:||PMV - QCB - MC - OC - SC - DGC - OG - NS - DSO - MT - CGM - GS |
OCN - QBM - SXC - RHDSM - MID - CBM - CSM - MSM - NCD - NMAM
|Service:||POW - SAPCM - MOM - HWC - HOS - GACM - MHWM - KR3CM - QE3CM |
QE3SJM - MCAM - MtSM - MRSM - GCM - SSD - RTR - NCOSCR - AFSM
|Unit Citations:||LHC - RUC - RMU - FEA|
|Qualifications of The Royal Manticoran Navy|
|OSWP - ESWP - NRM - NPM - Hyper Command Star - OAW - EAW - FMF|
|Other Service branch awards|
|RMA - RMMM - RMACS - SFC - GSN - CIV|