HMS Hawk (CA-428) is a Saganami-C-class Heavy Cruiser within 1st (Home) Fleet. Commanded by CAPTSG Sir Paul McPherson, Hawk claims Ft. Erie, Ontario as her charter city, but serves as the operating chapter of the entirety of southern Ontario outside of Toronto itself.
HMS Hawk was first brought into commission in Third Fleet on October 2014 under the command of then-CAPTJG Tim Ward by order of BuShips.
Following a change in command on 9 February, 2016, Hawk was decommissioned in October 2016 and went to Active Reserve status until her recommissioning in First (Home) Fleet on 19 August 2017, when CAPTJG Paul McPherson upgraded from HMS Hellhound, bringing 17 members aboard his new command.
On 19 January, 2021, Hawk was transferred from an unaffiliated slot in Home Fleet back to the newly-reinstated Sidemore Station, this time as its flagship.
The ship and crew have been regular attendees and ran recruitment tables at Ad Astra, having a presence there for at least three years.
||CAPTJG Tim Ward
||21 October 2014
||09 February 2016
||CAPTJG E. Wade Larkin
||09 February 2016
||31 October 2016
||CAPTSG Paul McPherson
||19 August 2017
- 2 May 2017: Launched as HMS Hellhound (DD-446) and assigned to Sidemore Station.
- 19 August 2017: Recommissioned as HMS Hawk in First (Home) Fleet, attached to Sidemore Station.
- 8 March 2018: Reassigned permanently to First (Home) Fleet.
- 1 October 2020: HMS Peregrine (DD-1291) launched from this vessel, to operate in close co-ordination.
- Commanding Officer: CAPTSG Paul McPherson, KDE, MR, CGM, QBM, RMN
- Executive Officer: CAPT Ian Brannan, KE, SC, QBM, RHN
- Ship's Bosun: MCPO Norman Stone, GSN
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been provided by the issuing authority or are as posted in the TRMN Forums.
Ship's Orders are subordinate to, and expand upon or amplify Admiralty Orders, Naval Directives, and First Fleet Orders. They are applicable to Hawk operations and personnel.
|HMS Hawk Ship's Order xx-xx
||1 September 2017
||Place Holder for Future Orders