HMS Guadalcanal (LPH-02)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|HMS Guadalcanal (LPH-02)|
|Charter City:||Fresno, CA, US|
|Type:||Marine Heavy Transport|
|Affiliation:||Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Commander:||CAPTSG Dame Sonja Thiede, RMN|
|Launched:||13 NOV 2018|
HMS Guadalcanal (LPH-02) is a Guadalcanal-class Marine Heavy Transport. Commanded by CAPTSG Dame Sonja Thiede, KE, SC, OG, CGM, GS, QBM, RMN, Guadalcanal claims Fresno, California as her charter city. Guadalcanal serves as the Flagship of Tenth Fleet, Task Group 91.1, and the Marine Tenth Expeditionary Force.
Guadalcanal was commissioned on 13 November 2018 by order of BuShips, under the command of CAPTSG Sonja Thiede.
|1||CAPTSG Dame Sonja Thiede||13 Nov 2018||Incumbent|
- 24 MAY 2014: Crew commissioned HMS Wolf.
- 26 MAY 2015: A portion of crew commissioned HMS Cerberus in Modesto, CA.
- 01 AUG 2016: Cerberus and Wolf crews consolidate and commission HMS Thunderer. Cerberus and Wolf are subsequently transferred to the reserve fleet.
- 13 NOV 2018: The crew of HMS Thunderer (SD-323) Transfer to HMS Guadalcanal. Thunderer is subsequently transferred to the reserve fleet.
- Commanding Officer: CAPTSG Dame Sonja Thiede, KE, SC, OG, CGM, GS, QBM
- Executive Officer: CDR Jennifer Ward
- Ship's Bosun: SMCPO Neil Davis
Embarked Flag Officer(s)
- ADM Lady Chrissy Killian, First Countess, Fontana Flats
- RADM Lord Sir James Jones, KSK, GCE, CR, SC, OG, CGM, GS, QBM, CBM, First Baron, Whidbey Basin, Commanding Officer, Tenth Fleet.
- LTGEN Lord Sir Michael Houghtaling, KDE, MC, OG, NS, CBM, First Baron, Sutherland, Deputy Commander, Marine Forces Command.
- MAJGEN Lord Sir A.J. Olsen, KDE, SC, OG, QBM, CBM, First Baron, Grays Harbor, Fourth Space Lord, Bureau of Communications.
- Commanding Officer: BGEN Geoffrey V. Kramer, ME, CBM, RMMC
- Executive Officer: COL Kenin Lau, ME, RMMC
- Gunny: RSM Shauni Allen, KDE, DGC, CBM, RMMC
No auxiliary craft have been launched since the commissioning of this vessel.