College of Arms
The Royal Manticoran College of Arms (abbrev.: CoA) is the organization that devises and approves heraldry used within The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. (TRMN). It is modeled after the canon College of Arms of the Star Kingdom of Manticore, which in turn is inspired by the real-world College of Arms of the United Kingdom.
The College was established by an Act of the House of Lords as ratified by Admiralty Order 1807-04 in 2018.
The Manticoran College of Arms utilizes the three historical ranks of heralds, referred to as Officers of Arms:
- King of Arms, the highest ranking officer presiding over a group of heralds. The title is short for "King of Heralds of Arms".
- Herald of Arms
- Pursuivant of Arms, the junior rank of officers, a herald-in-training.
Collectively, the Officers form the College of Arms, which is headed by Star Kingdom Principal King of Arms along with the three planetary Kings of Arms. Under them a number are a number of heralds and pursuivants whose offices are named after the some of the secondary titles of the monarch of the SKM.
List of Officers of Arms
- Star Kingdom Principal King of Arms: Sir Scott Bell, KCR, Baron Brentwood-upon-Tweed
- Manticore King of Arms: Sir John Neitz, KCR, MC, DSO, Duke of Westmarch
- Sphinx King of Arms: Sir William Knight, KDE, MC, OG, CBM, Earl White Lion
- Gryphon King of Arms: Sir Matthew Parker, KSK, SC, OG, ME, CGM, CBM, Earl Camera Stellata
- Pursuivant of Arms: Sir Zachary White, GCE, KDR, MC, Baron Gilwell
Arms of Peers
Ship and Squadron Badges
Army Regimental Badges
Advice and Education
Admiralty Order 1807-04 Establishes the College of Arms in TRMN
- College of Arms of the United Kingdom, the real world model for the College