Naval Directive 14JL-01
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Naval Directive 14JL-01 was issued 20 July 2014 under the authority of the First Space Lord. It sets out the duties of a fleet commanding officer.
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Navy|
|From:||Fleet Admiral of the Green, Lord Sir Scott Akers, KSK, KDE, KCR, SC, First Space Lord, Earl, New Arkhangelsk|
|Re:||Detailed Duties of the Naval District/Fleet Commander (Naval Directive 14JL-01)|
The Naval District/Fleet Commanders are the personal representatives of the First Space Lord to each of the numbered Naval Districts/Fleets in the Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. These officers are awarded the initial rank of Rear Admiral of the Red. Their duties are as follows (These duties may be expanded as necessary by Admiralty Orders or Navy Regulations.):
- Assist the First Space Lord in the day-to-day operations of their Naval District/Fleet
- Recommend District/Fleet Officers for Senior Leadership Positions
- Recruit, appoint & coordinate the various Staff Offices of the Naval District/Fleet and their Liaison activities with the Space Lords of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc..
- Lead and guide the subordinate units (Task Forces/Groups, Squadrons & Divisions) of the Naval District/Fleet
- Ensure that the chapter command triads are qualified and ready to lead their chapters.
- Work for the growth of each chapter in the Fleet, and the launching of new qualified chapters in the fleet.
- Launching LACs and Pinnaces as appropriate and keeping BuShips properly informed.
- Report to the First Space Lord the status of the Naval District/Fleet on a Bi-Monthly Basis, Odd Numbered Fleets in Odd Months, Even Numbered Fleets in Even Months.
- Work for the recruitment of new members within the fleet.
- Work for the resolution of the inevitable personal conflicts that arise at the lowest official level possible.
- Work to ensure that every club member has the most enjoyable and positive experience possible in their time in the club.
- Finally leading by example, as able, in matters regarding Course Work, Uniforming, and Participation with the activities within their Naval District/Fleet.
In addition the following Staff Position are required or recommended for each Naval District/Fleet.
- Bosun of the Fleet (required) Senior Master Chief
- Deputy Commanding Officer of the Fleet (recommended) Commodore
- Chief of Staff (Highly recommended) Captain
- Staff Intelligence Officer – Personnel (Recommended) Commander
- Flag Lieutenant (Recommended) Lieutenant to Lieutenant Commander
- Operations Officer (nice to have) Commander
- Logistics Officer (nice to have) Commander
- Training Officer (nice to have) Lieutenant Commander
As of the date of this Order, by my hand, and by the authority of the Sovereign, Queen of Manticore Elizabeth III, I hereby state that the above will be the policy of the Royal Manticoran Navy, effective 20-JUL-14.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Admiral Lord Sir Scott Akers, KCR|
|First Space Lord|
|Earl, New Arkhangelsk|