Admiralty Order 2307-09
|NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been provided by the issuing authority or are as posted in the TRMN Forums.
|TRMN Orders & Directives
|Joint Chiefs Directives (TRMN)
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)
|Protector's Orders (GSN)
|Naval Directives (RMN)
|Corps Directives (RMMC)
|Army Directives (RMA)
|Home Office Directives (Civilian)
Admiralty Order 2307-09 was issued 10 Jul 2023 by the First Lord of the Admiralty. This order codifies the Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program.
|All Officers, Enlisted, and Civilians in The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.
|Martin Lessem, KSK, GCR, GCE, OM, SC, OGL, DSO, Admiral of the Fleet, First Lord of the Admiralty, Grand Duke, Lynx, Duke, New Scania
|Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program (Admiralty Order 2307-09)
Pursuant to Admiralty Order 2112-02 issued on 18 December 2021, youth members 16 years of age or older may transfer out of the Sphinx Forestry Commission (SFC) and into other branches of TRMN usually associated with adult members only. This Admiralty Order codifies the Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program and supersedes any incomplete and/or conflicting information found in any other TRMN communication vehicle (e.g., websites, wikis, Forum, etc.)
TRMN Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program
Upon joining the organization, youth members are placed into the same chapter as their parent/guardian, and all admitted youth are automatically placed into the Sphinx Forestry Commission (SFC) branch. From here, they may age up within the SFC until they reach the age of majority (e.g., 18 years old), at which time they may stay within the SFC or transfer to another branch of TRMN.
As an additional option, Admiralty Order 2112-02 allows older youth to enter the TRMN Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program under certain provisions. The program is designed for youth ages 16 or 17 as a means of starting to transition into one of the other branches of TRMN. Depending upon which branch they select and based upon their gender identity/expression, youth admitted into the program are assigned one of the billets as follows:
- RMN, GSN, RHN – Midshipman, Midshipwoman, or Midshipperson
- RMMC, RMA, RMACS, RMMM – Cadet
- IAN – Kadett
- Civilian (Diplomatic or SIS) - Intern
Youth entering the program are required to stay as members of the chapter they belong to with their parent(s)/guardian(s), but are able to:
- transfer to one of the other branches of the TRMN at the entry level rank for that branch (i.e., E-1 or C-1),
- take on the billet of Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern appropriate for that branch as noted above,
- start earning time in grade, promotion points, and take BuTrain coursework that will lead to advancement under the same Admiralty Order provisions for adult members in that branch.
- be entitled to wear the uniform for that branch corresponding to their earned rank,
- be eligible to earn TRMN awards associated with that branch, and
- otherwise have all of the same rights and privileges enjoyed by adult TRMN members within that branch, with a few exceptions noted in the Clarifications section below.
So, for example, a 16-year-old in the SFC can transfer to the RMN as an E-1 (Spacer 3rd Class), with the billet of midshipwoman. They can start to earn time in grade as an E-1, while also starting to take required rank coursework for promotion. Theoretically, by the time they turn 18 and ‘age out’ of the program, and if they have completed all the other requirements, they might already be an E-6 and can take on a normal chapter billet and other ‘adult’ duties.
The process for becoming a Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern is as follows:
- The 16- or 17-year old youth’s adult parent(s)/guardian(s) submits a formal request in writing on behalf of the youth for entry into the Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program and transfer to the desired branch of the TRMN.
- They submit their written request to the Bureau of Personnel at email@example.com.
- If the request is found to be in order, BuPers staff will:
- complete the transfer to the desired branch,
- assign the youth to the entry level rank (E-1/C-1), and
- assign them the appropriate program billet for the branch they have entered.
- It is extremely important that the youth, their parent(s)/guardian(s), their chapter command triad, and all TRMN members who interact with the youth maintain strict adherence to all TRMN Youth Protection Policies and Procedures then in force.
- Youth entering the program are required to take on the primary billet of Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern within their selected branch for easy identification purposes. They may not take on any other billet as their primary billet until after they turn 18-years-old, at which time the Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern billet will be removed.
- All other Admiralty Orders involving age restrictions, including ‘Age Restriction on Command Level’ (Admiralty Order 0801-03), will still apply.
- TRMN reserves the right to transfer youth who violate program protocols out of the program and back into the SFC branch until they turn 18-years-old.
Implementation Notes and General Instructions
The following general instructions are issued for implementation of this Admiralty Order:
- As is customary in TRMN, Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program members may undertake BuTrain course sequences offered by any branch, regardless of which branch they belong to, for the purposes of promotion.
- In processing a member request for transfer into the Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program, the Fifth Space Lord shall ensure that at least one parent/guardian is a member of the same chapter where the youth will serve.
- Any subsequent request for the youth member to transfer to another branch and/or chapter must again be submitted by the parent(s)/guardian(s) on behalf of the youth in writing directly to BuPers at firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Any Admiralty or command-level TRMN member wishing to assign a secondary billet to a Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern, must confer directly with and receive concurrence from the Fifth Space Lord prior to offering that billet to a youth member in the program.
- The Fifth Space Lord will be the final arbiter of any issues related to entry into and/or movement within the program consistent with this and other Admiralty Orders.
- As needed, the Fifth Space Lord will develop BuPers directives to assist in clarifying unclear or emergent issues with the Midship/Cadet/Kadett/Intern Program under the general supervision of the First Space Lord and consistent with this and other Admiralty Orders.
- The heads of all TRMN branches and all TRMN Bureaus and Space Lords will consult with and provide support to the Fifth Space Lord and/or members of his/her staff as requested in carrying out the provisions of this Admiralty Order.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Martin Lessem, KSK, GCR, GCE, OM, SC, OGL, DSO
|Admiral of the Fleet, RMN
|First Lord of the Admiralty
|Grand Duke, Lynx; Duke, New Scania