Admiralty Order 1510-01
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|This Admiralty Order was RESCINDED by Admiralty Order 1707-01|
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Admiralty Order 1510-01 was issued October 13, 2015 by the First Lord of the Admiralty. It updates the time-in-grade policy for all paygrades within The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.. This order supercedes Admiralty Order 1009-02.
|To:||All Officers, Enlisted and Civilians in The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.|
|From:||Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS, First Lord of the Admiralty, Admiral of the Fleet, Duke, New Scania|
|Re:||Rank TIG - UPDATE (Admiralty Order 1510-01)|
This Order Replaces and Supplants Admiralty Order 1009-02.
Here below you will find the various TIG (Time In Grade) for the Royal Manticoran Navy, Marine Corps and Army. The TIG is how long you must remain in the previous rank. For the F-2 through F-4 ranks in the Navy, the first two years (maximum) of your tenure you are appointed "of the Red". During the remainder of your tenure you are appointed "of the Green".
E = Enlisted O = Officer F = Flag Officer
|E-1||Spacer 3rd Class||Private||N/A|
|E-2||Spacer 2nd Class||Private First Class||3 Months|
|E-3||Spacer 1st Class||Lance Corporal||5 Months|
|E-4||Petty Officer 3rd Class||Corporal||7 Months|
|E-5||Petty Officer 2nd Class||(Platoon) Sergeant||9 Months|
|E-6||Petty Officer 1st Class||Staff Sergeant||11 Months|
|E-7||Chief Petty Officer||Master Sergeant||13 Months|
|E-8||Senior Chief Petty Officer||First Sergeant||15 Months|
|E-9||Master Chief Petty Officer||Sergeant Major||19 Months|
|E-10||Senior Master Chief Petty Officer||Regimental Sergeant Major||24 Months|
|WO-1||Warrant Officer 2nd Class||6 Mos @ E-6|
|WO-2||Warrant Officer 1st Class||9 Months|
|WO-3||Chief Warrant Officer||11 Months|
|WO-4||Senior Chief Warrant Officer||13 Months|
|WO-5||Master Chief Warrant Officer||15 Months|
|O-1||Ensign||2nd Lieutenant||AO 1507-04|
|O-2||Lieutenant (Junior Grade)||1st Lieutenant||6 Months|
|O-3||Lieutenant (Senior Grade)||Captain||9 Months|
|O-4||Lieutenant Commander||Major||12 Months|
|O-5||Commander||Lieutenant Colonel||15 Months|
|O-6-A||Captain (Junior Grade)||Colonel||18 Months|
|O-6-B||Captain (Senior Grade or Of the List)||N/A||Appt. only|
|F-1||Commodore||Brigadier General||Appt. only|
|F-2||Rear Admiral||Major General||Appt. only|
|F-3||Vice Admiral||Lieutenant General||Appt. only|
|F-5||Fleet Admiral||Field Marshal||Appt. only|
|F-6||Admiral of the Fleet||Marshal of the Corps/Army||Appt. Only|
A Warrant Officer is the highest non-commissioned rank, holding the Monarch’s Warrant, which is signed by the First Lord of the Admiralty. The pre-requisite for receiving the Monarch’s Warrant is that you hold a minimum Rank of E-6 and are at least 6 months through your TIG as an E-6. In addition, the WO-1 course must be completed.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS|
|Admiral of the Fleet RMN|
|First Lord of the Admiralty|
|Duke, New Scania|
- Q: "Captain of the List or SG. That has to be appointed or is a function of the ship type? And will people be able to be nominated for such a promotion before a board?"
- First Lord of the Admiralty: " It is a function of position. Captain of the List guarantees promotion to Commodore, and future Flag ranks. It was always intended to limit these promotions to an absolute necessity. People can still be nominated to the ranks, but without a billet, it will be denied."
- Q: "Do Promotion Boards still apply?"
- Q: "(regarding promotions to O-1) 6 months @ E-1 again, instead of 4 months @ E-4. Correct?"
- Q: "Does this affect previous Brevets? Such as SG captain for larger ships?"
- Admiralty Order 1009-02: "Rank TIG - UPDATE" (superseded by this order)
- Admiralty Order 0801-06: "Rank TIG - UPDATE" (superseded)
- Admiralty Order 0711-02: "Rank TIG" (superseded)