Corps Directive 01-1503
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Corps Directive 01-1503 was issued 19 March 2015 under the authority of the Marshal of the Corps. It amplifies Admiralty Orders on the subject of reserve ranks, as applicable to personnel of the RMMC. It also rescinds a previous directive on this topic.
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps|
|From:||Marshal Sean Niemeyer, Marshal of the Corps|
|Re:||AO 1503-03 (Corps Directive 01-1503)|
AO 1503-03 restricts reserve ranks to The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. (tRMN) members who are members of either the Merchant Marine or the Diplomatic/Intelligence Corps. The same Admiralty Order also allows members from all divisions within tRMN to hold any billet, unless it is specifically stated in a manual or other order.
1) CD 03-1407 is hereby rescinded in its entirety.
2) Marines may not hold command or division head billets on ships, unless that ship is a troop transport. Below are further details.
a. Assault Shuttle: This is a detached MARDET so there are no naval billets to fill.
b. Troop transport: A Marine may fill the executive officer and bosun billets on these chapters. The commanding officer must be a member of the RMN.
c. Regular chapters: If a Marine wishes to fill any command or division head billet on a regular ship (RMN, GSN, IAN, RHN, etc…) they must transfer out of the RMMC and into the appropriate division.
3) Staff Billets
a. Marines may hold various staff billets throughout tRMN. However if the billet requires service in a certain division other than the RMMC (ie Space Lord, etc…), the Marine must transfer out of the RMMC and into the appropriate division. These Marines are considered to be on detached duty.
b. Enlisted, NCO’s, Junior Officers, and in some cases Senior Officers from other divisions may serve in the RMMC as members of ancillary staff of the various Commands. They may not be placed in billets that are in the Chain of Command. These individuals are considered to be on detached duty to the RMMC. If these individuals wish to, at a later date transfer to the RMMC they may do so and retain their RMMC billet.
4) MARDETs are to be entirely comprised of and commanded by marines. The only exception are Corpsmen, as they are naval personnel attached to MARDETs.
5) Any Marines as of the date of AO 1503-03, if holding a dual rank, must choose which rank they wish to retain and transfer to the appropriate division if necessary.
6) Any member transferring in from another division will retain their pay grade awarded by their previous division. The only exception is when transferring into the RMMC to assume a billet.
The above effective 2000 hrs. 19 MAR, 2015.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Marshal of the Corps|
|Lord Sir Sean Niemeyer, KCR, KDE, GS|
|Royal Manticoran Marine Corps|
|First Earl, New Ulyanovsk|
- Corps Directive 03-1407: "Reservists in the RMMC" (superseded)