Admiralty Order 1306-01
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)||Home Office Directives (Civilian)|
Admiralty Order 1306-01 was issued June 21, 2013 by the First Lord of the Admiralty. It establishes a zero-tolerance harrassment policy for The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc..
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Navy, Marine Corps and Army|
|From:||Martin Lessem, GCE, KCR, GS, First Lord of the Admiralty, Admiral of the Fleet, Duke, New Scania|
|Re:||Harassment Policy – Zero Tolerance (Admiralty Order 1306-01)|
As of the date of this Order, by my hand, and by the authority of and acting as proxy for the Sovereign, Queen of Manticore Elizabeth III, we lay out the Harassment Policy of The Royal Manticoran Navy.
Definition of Harassment: The act of systematic and/or continued unwanted actions of one party or a group, including threats, demands and inappropriate touching. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to grain sexual favors, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious. Such activities may be based on race or sex, involve revenge by an ex-spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend, or be shown to be a form of blackmail ("I'll stop bothering you, if you'll go to bed with me").
Safe Zone: Any TRMN area with a “Safe Zone” sign. This can include the Party Room, any established TRMN Lounge, and the TRMN Recruiting table or Booth if it is signed as such.
TRMN’s Policy on Harassment:
- When harassment is reported or noticed toward any member of TRMN, anyone TRMN is working with or is working with us, or any attendee at any event where TRMN is present, the person who noticed it or to whom it was reported to shall, assuming security or law enforcement is not involved, first ensure that the victim is in a place where they feel safe and secure and escort them to a TRMN Safe Zone.
- The person who noticed the harassment, or to whom it was reported, shall pass the incident on to the highest ranking Officer present at the event.
- The highest ranking Officer will:
- Talk with the victim and ensure that they are feeling safe and know that they can always come to a TRMN location, as a Safe Zone, if they need a place to go.
- Report it to the convention Security, and if possible, convention Officials.
- If the harasser is also a member of TRMN, the ranking Officer will, in addition to 3b, deny the harasser entry to TRMN functions for the remainder of the convention
- If the harassment results in criminal or civil findings, in an appropriate criminal or civil court, and the harasser is a TRMN member, the Board will instruct BuPers to terminate the membership of the harasser. An email must be sent to the harasser informing them of the termination of membership and outlining the Zero Tolerance policy. Termination of membership will only occur with a criminal finding of guilt or a civil finding of culpability.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Martin Lessem, GCE, KCR, GS|
|Admiral of the Fleet RMN|
|First Lord of the Admiralty|
|First Duke, New Scania|