Admiralty Order 1107-03
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Admiralty Order 1107-03 was issued July 31, 2011 by the First Lord of the Admiralty. It defines the position of Ombudsman within The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc..
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Navy, Marine Corps and Army|
|From:||Admiral Lord Sir Martin Lessem, KDE, KCR, GS, First Lord of the Admiralty, Admiral of the Fleet, Duke, New Scania|
|Re:||Ombudsman (Admiralty Order 1107-03)|
1. Definition: For the purposes of this regulation, an Ombudsman is defined as a representative who acts as independent advisor for a member who is coming before a promotion board.
2. Minimum qualifications: The preferred minimum qualification to be an Ombudsman is attainment of the rank of RMN Lieutenant (Senior Grade) or the equivalent. In addition, familiarity with the Promotion Board procedures is required. Legal training is NOT a requirement of the position.
2b. The “Missing Man Rule”: In the event that an applicant does not meet the minimum rank requirements, the Judge Advocate General may issue a brevet promotion for a preferred candidate. This brevet promotion must be confirmed by the Fifth Space Lord and the First Lord of the Admiralty within two months
3. Status: The Ombudsman position is an additional duty.
4. Promotion Boards: Ideally, there should be one Ombudsman for each of the five Promotion Boards: Enlisted, Warrant Officer, Officer One, Officer Two, Officer Three. Minimally, one Ombudsman will suffice for all Promotion Boards.
5. Flag Officer Board: For this Board, the JAG will assist in coordinating that a billet exists.
6. Duties: a.Review of the qualifications for the candidate for promotion’s qualifications.
b. Advising the candidate regarding questions about procedures.
c. Assistance in preparing materials to be presented to the Promotion Board.
d. Ensuring that the rank is appropriate to a particular billet.
e. Ensuring that a billet exists in cooperation with BuPers.
7. Exclusions a. Arguing the candidate’s case before the Promotion Board is excluded from the Ombudsman’s the duties.
b. Appealing a decision to not promote a candidate is excluded from the Ombudsman’s duties.
8. BuPers: BuPers will notify the appropriate Ombudsman of the names of candidates for promotion one week after the Submission Deadline for the Promotions Boards in accordance with Admiralty Order 1102-17 as well as the billet(s) that is(are) available.
9. Application procedure: Any officer who is a member of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association and is a member of the Manticoran, Grayson or other allied military forces who meets the minimum qualifications may apply. a. Application should be in writing and addressed the Judge Advocate General.
b. Application should state why the candidate believes he/she would be appropriate for the position.
c. Applications will be reviewed by the Judge Advocate General and First Lord of the Admiralty.
d. The applicant will be notified in writing of the decision to be appointed or denied appointment.
10. Miscellaneous: Every effort will be made, however, to ensure that the Ombudsman is of equal or higher rank than the candidate. If there is no such Ombudsman available, being of inferior rank will not disqualify the Ombudsman from performing the assigned duties.
This position is now accepting applications which should be sent directly to the Judge Advocate General (email@example.com)
In Honour of the Queen!
|Martin Lessem, KDE, KCR, GS|
|Admiral of the Fleet RMN|
|First Lord of the Admiralty|
|First Duke, New Scania|