TRMN:Most common faux pas
|policies and guidelines.|
Please read through the policy below to familiarize yourself with our common practices and rules.
- The following guide is adapted from the document written and executed by Memory Alpha.
The wiki format can often be demanding or unfamiliar – and downright confusing! It is easy to commit faux pas – anyone might make one, either a newcomer or a veteran. This list of mistakes is compiled, not to embarrass anyone, but to provide some guidelines to help everyone avoid making these mistakes in the future.
- Blanking page content. If you discover a page with non-canon or other false content, don't delete it! Use the article's talk page to discuss errors.
- Leaving the edit summary empty. Always fill the summary field!
- Making duplicate articles. Always do a quick search to see if anyone else has already created an article on your subject. Be sure to consider alternate possible names – there's a chance that the article simply has a different name than you were expecting.
- Misnaming articles. It is always helpful to check the naming conventions first before you create a new page. If you're uncertain about what to name a page, that page should make your decision easier.
- Treating talk pages like a chat room. The talk pages are intended to be used exclusively for the discussion of issues related to the writing of the TRMN Wiki's articles.