HMS Samurai (CL-356)
|HMS Samurai (CL-356)|
|Affiliation:||Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Commander:||CDR Jeff Smith, RMN|
|Launched:||20 November 2011|
|Reporting to:||Task Group 22.1|
Samurai was first brought into commission on 20 November 2011 under the command of then-CDR Justin Grays, by order of BuShips. This ship was the second ship ever to be commissioned in Second Fleet, based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Eventually they upgraded to HMS Victorious on 28 October 2012. However, it was only in Active Reserves for a couple months before it was recommissioned in the Twin Cities under the command of CDR Wayne Bruns on 23 December 2012. Eventually they recruited enough to upgrade to HMS Imperatrix on 03 May 2013.
The ship finally left the city on 09 May 2014, but only traveled south to Rochester, Minnesota, under the command of CDR Garrett Bitker. It remained there until 30 November 2015, when they upgraded again to HMS Merlin.
After nearly two years in the Active Reserves, Samurai was brought back into service with Second Fleet, recommissioning as the Willmar, Minnesota chapter, replacing the Chanson-class destroyer HMS Vixen. Once again, Samurai was placed in Active Reserve when the Willmar chapter upgraded to the heavy cruiser HMS Trebuchet.
On 4 September 2019, Samurai was again recommissioned to serve as the vessel for the Goshen, Indiana chapter upgrading from HMLAC Faraway Quest (LAC-031). Samurai's crew continues to support the fleet's efforts, leading operations at Hall of Heroes Comic Con in Elkhart, IN.
|1||CDR Justin Grays||20 November 2011||15 April 2012|
|2||CDR Jill McTavish||15 April 2012||28 October 2012|
|3||CDR Wayne Bruns||23 December 2012||03 May 2013|
|4||CDR Garrett Bitker||09 May 2014||30 November 2015|
|5||CDR Matthew Lindquist||28 September 2017||07 April 2019|
|6||CDR Jeff Smith||04 September 2019||Incumbent|
- 20 November 2011: Launched as HMS Samurai (CL-356).
- 28 October 2012: Upgraded to HMS Victorious (BC-425).
- 23 December 2012: Recommissioned as HMS Samurai (CL-356).
- 03 May 2013: Upgraded to HMS Imperatrix (SD-457).
- 09 May 2014: Recommissioned as HMS Samurai (CL-356).
- 30 November 2015: Upgraded to HMS Merlin (CA-270).
- 28 September 2017: Recommissioned as HMS Samurai (CL-356) with cadre transferred from HMS Vixen.
- 07 April 2019: Upgraded to HMS Trebuchet.
- 04 September 2019: Recommissioned as HMS Samurai (CL-356) with cadre transferred from HMLAC Faraway Quest.
- Commanding Officer: CDR Jeff Smith, RMN
- Executive Officer: LCDR Stephen Miller, RMN
- Ship's Bosun: CPO Greg Waddell, RMN
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|Order No.||Effective Date||Subject||Status|