HMS Samurai (CL-356)
|HMS Samurai (CL-356)|
|Affiliation:||Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Commander:||CDR Matthew Lindquist, GSN|
|Launched:||20 November 2011|
|Reporting to:||Task Force 21|
Samurai was first brought into commission on 20 November 2011 under the command of then-CDR Justin Grays, by order of BuShips. This ship was the second ship ever to be commissioned in Second Fleet, based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Eventually they upgraded to HMS Victorious on 28 October 2012. However, it was only in Active Reserves for a couple months before it was recommissioned in the Twin Cities under the command of CDR Wayne Bruns on 23 December 2012. Eventually they recruited enough to upgrade to HMS Imperatrix on 03 May 2013.
The ship finally left the city on 09 May 2014, but only traveled south to Rochester, Minnesota, under the command of CDR Garrett Bitker. It remained there until 30 November 2015, when they upgraded again to HMS Merlin.
After nearly two years in the Active Reserves, Samurai was brought back into service with Second Fleet, recommissioning as the Willmar, Minnesota chapter, replacing the Chanson-class destroyer HMS Vixen
|1||CDR Justin Grays||20 November 2011||15 April 2012|
|2||CDR Jill McTavish||15 April 2012||28 October 2012|
|3||CDR Wayne Bruns||23 December 2012||03 May 2013|
|4||CDR Garrett Bitker||09 May 2014||30 November 2015|
|5||CDR Matthew Lindquist||28 September 2017||Incumbent|
- 20 November 2011: Launched as HMS Samurai (CL-356).
- 28 October 2012: Upgraded to HMS Victorious (BC-425).
- 23 December 2012: Recommissioned as HMS Samurai (CL-356).
- 03 May 2013: Upgraded to HMS Imperatrix (SD-457).
- 09 May 2014: Recommissioned as HMS Samurai (CL-356).
- 30 November 2015: Upgraded to HMS Merlin (CA-270).
- 28 September 2017: Recommissioned as HMS Samurai (CL-356) with cadre transferred from HMS Vixen.
- Commanding Officer: CDR Mathew Lindquist, GSN
- Executive Officer: LCDR Lucas Matthys, RMN
- Ship's Bosun: CPO Edwin Coulter, RMN
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|Order No.||Effective Date||Subject||Status|