BuShips:CO Manual/Processes/Name Request
|BuShips CO Manual Quick Navigation|
|Front||Welcome||Contacts||Preparation||Processes||Chapter Operations||Membership & Activities||Mentorship|
Ship Name Requests
Light Attack Craft
Names for LACs are more like call-signs and can be chosen by the crew/CO. However, names must be sufficiently different than other ships and must be approved by 3SL/D3SL.
- Initial request is sent to email@example.com. In order to expedite the process, multiple possible names should be sent in order of preference.
- 3SL or D3SL will identify the first name on the list that is an acceptable new LAC name.
- The Director of Small Craft will reply with the approved name or a request for additional possibilities if none of the supplied names are acceptable.
Names for hyper-capable ships are supplied to TRMN by BuNine.
- Initial request is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The request should indicate, at a minimum, the hull size desired and if the request is for a ship commissioning, upgrade, or downgrade
- If a particular class of ship is desired, that should also be indicated in the request.
- A list of up to three (3) ship names that meet the ship class and type requested will be generated.
- The ship names are given to the Construction and Refit Command.
- A member of the Construction and Refit Command will send the options back to the requestor along with the appropriate BuShips request form.
- Names not on the complete list available to 3SL must be approved by BuNine. Turnaround time for such an approval is a minimum of 6 months, and usually longer.