BuShips:CO Manual/3SL Welcome
|BuShips CO Manual Quick Navigation|
|Front||Welcome||Contacts||Preparation||Processes||Chapter Operations||Membership & Activities||Mentorship|
Welcome from the Third Space Lord
Congratulations on taking steps towards becoming a commanding officer! This is a very important position in TRMN as you are the conduit between your crew and the rest of the organization. Keep in mind that by becoming a chapter’s Commanding Officer (CO), you are agreeing to take on some extra tasks, which will be covered later in this guide. You must also remember that you are there for the crew, as without them, you wouldn’t have the command. This means including them in some of the major decisions that take place, like coming up with a motto, ship crest design, upgrading, or decommissioning. It is important to get input from them as it is as much their chapter as yours.
While there is some work involved, it is important to remember to have fun while doing it. This is an organization that thrives on member activity, and the more you keep your members involved, the better your chapter will do. This manual gathers all the information pertaining to the creation and operation of a chapter, as well as ideas for chapter activities.
This manual gathers information from all the Admiralty Orders, Naval Directives, and other Admiralty related sources so as to help you know what, or at least where to look for direction.
Thank you for volunteering for this position! You now are part of what makes up the core of our club. Do the organization, and your crew, proud in following your duties. And, most importantly, have fun doing it!
For the Honor of the Queen and in Memory of Commodore Saganami,
Honor Harrington, the Honorverse, the Royal Manticoran Navy, the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps, the Royal Manticoran Army, the Royal Manticoran Merchant Marine, the Royal Manticoran Astro-Control Service, the Grayson Space Navy, the Imperial Andermani Navy, and other references to the works of David Weber or Final Sword Games are used here under the Fair Use doctrine.
Information taken from Wikipedia is similarly used in compliance with the Fair Use doctrine.
David Weber holds the Copyright to all things related to the Honorverse and as such can at any time demand a change in this documentation, should it violate the Fair Use doctrine.
TRMN Code of Conduct
BuShips adheres to the TRMN Code of Conduct (below).
- I will respect the rights of all members.
- I will never let personal or societal prejudices color my interactions with other members.
- I will strive to never bring dishonor upon the Royal Manticoran Navy or its Sub-Groups.
- I will maintain an appearance appropriate to my duties and never bring dishonor to the Uniform.
- I will treat those who report to me with dignity
- I will respect those to whom I report.
- I will abide by the Official Secrets Act.
- I will strive to defuse confrontations, not cause them.
- I will be the first to offer praise, and always the last to criticize.
- I will always work to be part of the solution, never the problem.