HMS Vixen (DD-174)
|HMS Vixen (DD-174)|
|Charter City:||Chicago, IL|
|Affiliation:||Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Commander:||CDR Lisa Wiedemann, RMN|
|Launched:||22 Feb 2016|
|Reporting to:||Task Force 22|
HMS Vixen (DD-174) is a Chanson-class Destroyer based in the Greater Chicago Metropolitan Area, including Northwest Indiana, and assigned to Second Fleet. Commanded by CDR Lisa Wiedemann, QCB, GCE, MC, KR, SC, DGC, OG, Vixen claims Chicago, IL as her charter city, and is the flagship of the Second Expeditionary Force.
HMS Vixen was first brought into commission in February of 2016 under the command of Lieutenant Commander Matthew Lindquist as an upgrade from GSNLAC Green Knight (LAC-011). When she entered commission in Second Fleet, her primary area of operations was based out of Willmar, MN. Vixen was home to this crew for just over a year and a half, when in September her crew returned her to the Active Reserve in exchange for the Valiant-class HMS Samurai.
However, as of 0001 Hours on 05 August 2020, a new crew recommissioned the Vixen, this time under command of then-LCDR Lisa Wiedemann. Not ones to rest upon laurels, the Vixen's crew quickly began establishing a history and a name for themselves: in just over six months, they had recruited enough to stand up a Marine Detatchment of Platoon-strength, MARDET Vixen.  This was followed in July by the movement from independent patrol to an assignment to the newly-activated Task Group 22.4, alongside HMS Demon, HMS Hexapuma and HMS Havoc.
Vixen's most well known accomlpishment is the foundation of the Gryphon's Wings program in 2020, to aid fellow TRMN members throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. For their unending support of this program, they have been recognized several times.
Of special note, the Vixen is one of the very few hulls in TRMN to have achieved the hat-trick of all three Unit awards available to an RMN hull; the details of which can be seen below, under Ship's Honors.
|1||LCDR Matthew Lindquest, KCR, KCE||22 February 2016||28 September 2017|
|2||CDR Lisa Wiedemann, QCB, GCE, MC||05 August 2020||Incumbent|
- 05 Aug 2020: Launched as HMS Vixen (DD-174) and assigned to Second Fleet on detatched patrol.
- 30 Jun 2021: Reassigned permanently to Task Group 22.4.
- Commanding Officer: CDR Lisa Wiedemann, QCB, GCE, MC, RMN
- Executive Officer: LCDR Yrica Butt, RHN
- Ship's Bosun: CPO Buzz Ryan, KE, RMN
- Royal Unit Citation for Gallantry: Awarded 17 July 2021, by order of the First Space Lord: "The Vixen has proven herself as a valuable asset to the Fleet with its members participating in local virtual Conventions, helping organize and run local and Fleetwide events and gaming nights, and working with other local chapters to create a Espirit de Corps that is felt across its Task Group. The Vixen and her crew helped with the creation of the Gryphons Wings program, many of which continue to donate to help members of 2nd Fleet who are affected by the Pandemic."
- Royal Meritorious Unit Citation: Awarded January 2022 by the order of RMMC 1st Corps CO, to MARDET Vixen, for "their dedication and service. Each of these Marine Detachments have performed their duties above and beyond all other units in the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps by providing 100% on time reporting, communications and motivation for the 2021 calendar year. They have been the example of how a Marine Detachment should conduct itself during trying and unusual times."
- Royal Meritorious Unit Citation: Awarded 22 February 2022, by order of the Third Space Lord, for "substantial contributions to their local community, as well as several charities over the course of the year of 2021. Vixen has also continued fostering the ‘Gryphon’s Wings’ fund, which provides assistance to individuals and families in need due to the pandemic. The crew’s actions exemplify TRMN, and represent the organization to the greater community."
- List of Honor Citation: Awarded 19 March 2023 by order of the Third Space Lord: "HMS Vixen, DD-174, has performed her duties in a manner above and beyond the call of duty. What’s even more impressive is that she has done this two years in a row. The officers and crew of HMS Vixen continually support nearby chapters in the region, and in an impressive feat to continually strive to provide assistance and camaraderie on on the heels of an international pandemic. Their efforts have showcased TRMN’s dedication to international support, able to organize an event collecting a full container’s worth of clothing for Ukrainian refugees residing in Poland. Despite this effort, they were also able to serve their local community by collecting several large bins of books for young children. These are just a couple of multiple examples of how the officers and crew of HMS Vixen’s steadfast service, exhibiting esprit-de-corps, humility, and professionalism that comes with the honor of being named as a Ship of The List. HMS Vixen brings great credit upon herself, Second Fleet, and The Royal Manticoran Navy.".
|NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been provided by the issuing authority or are as posted in the TRMN Forums.|
|Order No.||Effective Date||Subject||Status|
|HMS Vixen Ship's Order 1608-24||24 August 2016||Place Holder for Future Orders||Inactive|
|Royal Manticoran Navy|
|Chanson (DD)||Aria - Vixen - Windsong|
|Falcon (DD)||Condor - Peregrine - Raven|
|Havoc (DD)||Havoc (lead) - Hotspur - Vengeance - Devastation - Chaos - Lodestone - Starcrest|
|Javelin (DD)||Javelin (lead) - Arrowhead|
|Roland (DD)||Roland (lead) - Barbarossa - Galahad - Tristram - Ivanhoe - Gawain - Gaheris - Kay - Bedivere - Lionheart - Saladin - Yamamoto Date - Reuben James - Tornado|
|Wolfhound (DD)||Wolfhound (lead) - Borzoi - Hellhound|
|Grayson Space Navy|
|Joshua (DD)||Joshua (lead) - Albion - Mercy|
|Paul (DD)||Paul of Tarsus|