|Member Handbook Navigation|
|Front||Foreword||Organization||Administration||Membership||Set Up of Organization||Chapter Formation||Military & Civilian Academies||Ranks||Peerage||Code of Conduct|
First Lord of the Admiralty
The First Lord of the Admiralty is the President (#1 in the Corporate Structure) of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. and serves as Chairman of the Board. This person is also responsible for coordinating the Civilian population of the Organization. For the work they do, this person is awarded the rank of Admiral of the Fleet.
Duties of the First The Lord of the Admiralty
- Day-to-day running of the organization
- The issuing of regulations in the form of Admiralty Orders
- Chair of the Peerage Board
- Chair of the Promotion Boards
- Issuer of the Monarch’s Warrant for Warrant Officer’s
- Appointment of Officers to the Senior Leadership Position
- Responsible for ensuring all groups operate within the established Canon as set forth by David Weber and BuNine, and as approved by the Office of the First Lord of the Admiralty or Royal Council when conflict arises.
- The Official Media Contact of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association
- Responsible for calling and chairing the Bi-Monthly Royal Council (Executive Board) Meeting
- Responsible for chairing the Annual Membership Meeting
- Responsible for overall Role Play Coordination
- The Office of the First Lord of the Admiralty, through the Judge Advocate General, is the Official Legal Contact of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association
- Coordinate the various Uniformed Civilian Offices of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association:
- The Royal Manticoran Merchant Marine – Responsible for maintaining and Commanding Civilian Chapters within TRMN
- The Royal Manticoran Astro Control Services – Responsible for Coordinating Chapter movement – Reports to Third Space Lord
These duties may be expanded as necessary by Admiralty Orders, or delegated as appropriate to a staff officer in the Office of the First Lord of the Admiralty.
Staff of the First Lord of the Admiralty
- Chief of Staff – Maximum rank of Vice Admiral of the Green. Responsible for coordinating the staff in the Office of the First Lord of the Admiralty.
- Chancellor of the Exchequer – This position does not necessarily come with a rank but would qualify for either a Captain of the List / Minister Resident or Higher. This person is the Chief Financial Officer for the Royal Manticoran Navy and is responsible for basic Administrative paperwork pertaining to the financial running of the organization. Their primary job is to serve as the financial arm of The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association
- Judge Advocate General – Usually a Captain of the List or higher. Responsible for legal affairs within the Royal Manticoran Navy through the JAG Corps, training and managing Ombudsmen, recommendations for Flag Officer Promotion Boards and is legal advisor for TRMN, Inc. As such, the JAG must be a qualified attorney. This office also oversees the JAG Ombudsman Program which is set up to assist Chapters with understanding Regulations and Admiralty Orders within the organization.
- Staff Intelligence Officer – Maximum rank of Rear Admiral of the Green. Responsible for Special Projects related to the TRMN as directed by the First Lord of the Admiralty This Officer is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the Staff Intelligence offices of all Branches.
- Staff Communications Officer – Maximum rank of Commodore. Responsible for maintaining the First Lord of the Admiralty Page and the FLA’s forums, ensuring web pages are updated, coordinating with the Second Space Lord, and Coordinating external Media contacts with the FLA.
- Community Outreach Liaison – E-7 to E-10 or O-4 to O-6-A. Responsible for coordinating Community, Charity and Media Events within the Office of the First Lord of the Admiralty, reporting to the Staff Communications Officer. They work with BuComm & BuPlan on approved media for use, work with Big Cat Rescue and other charities the organization works with, track donations to charity throughout the organization (time, materials & monetary) and organize community outreach events when possible.
- Aide-de-camp – Responsible for the First Lord of the Admiralties schedule when at events. This position is usually known as a Flag Lieutenant at lower Flag Ranks and doesn’t need to be a Lieutenant. They are responsible for the care, feeding and schedule of the FLA at conventions he is attending. This role rotates between people and fleets depending on the location of the convention.
- Staff Tactical Officer – Maximum rank of Rear Admiral of the Green. Responsible for promoting gaming throughout the organization, coordinating TRMN gaming with Fleet Tactical Officers, compiling lists of gaming events and sharing those with the organization through BuPlan and BuComm, assisting with Marksmanship questions, and encouraging gaming of all approved types throughout the organization.
- Ombudsman – E-7 to E-10 or O-4 to O-6-A. Responsible for assisting members within TRMN if the Chain Of Command is an issue..
The above positions may be expanded and have their duties amended or changed by any relevant Admiralty Order.
|Member Handbook Organization Navigation|
|First Lord of the Admiralty||First Space Lord||Commandant of the RMMC||High Admiral of the GSN||Marshall of the RMA||Home Secretary||Commissioner of the SFC|