|Member Handbook Navigation|
|Front||Foreword||Organization||Administration||Membership||Set Up of Organization||Chapter Formation||Military & Civilian Academies||Ranks||Peerage||Code of Conduct|
Manticore & Alliance Military Academies and Civil Service Academies
The Bureau of Training (BuTrain) is where The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc. has its training courses. Within BuTrain there are academies for each of Branches of the organization. The Academy for each Branch is:
- RMN: Saganami Island Naval Academy
- RMMC: Camp Maastricht
- RMA: King Roger I Military Academy
- RMACS: Royal Manticoran Astro-Control Academy
- RMMM: Royal Manticoran Merchant Fleet Academy
- GSN: Isaiah MacKenzie Naval Academy
- Civilian: Star Kingdom University
- Andermani: Prinz Adalbert Marineakademie
- RHN: Republic of Haven Naval Academy
- SFS: Sphinx Forestry Academy
There are a number of reasons you should take courses and why we require them to advance to the higher ranks within the organization.
- It benefits the membership as a whole by providing educational opportunities. .It creates an engagement and enjoyment of the Honorverse, the stories, characters and ideas through gaining knowledge about the history, science, and leadership that David Weber includes in all of the stories he writes.
- It provides leadership courses that require you to do some research and learn more about the qualities of good leadership, management, and most of all, collaborative communication with others.
- By educating yourself and taking on the challenges of the coursework, it can show others you are committed to doing the work it takes to become a leader within the organization. While it’s not required you do more than take the mainline courses for your rank, going deeper can show other leaders in the organization that you are enthusiastic and engaged. It is truly one of the first organizational level activities most new members participate in.
- It can help to provide a more immersive experience beyond the cosplay and titles within the organization. You can achieve both personal accomplishment and organizational awards, which can be a rewarding and fun way to start getting more involved in TRMN. BuTrain’s purpose is to see that TRMN members have fun and gain some insight into the Honorverse, general military history, science, technology, communication, and leadership.
Course offerings in BuTrain are constantly changing. Full details of all the courses available in BuTrain, their prerequisites, how to request courses, and the contact details for each school can be found in the educational section of the TRMN wiki. Rank courses are required for promotion, in accordance with the appropriate admiralty orders and coursework earns points for promotions.