Naval Directive 18MAY-02
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Naval Directive 18MAY-02 was issued 10 May 2018 under the authority of the First Space Lord.
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Navy, all Officers and Enlisted in the Grayson Space Navy, and all Members of the Grand Alliance|
|From:||John Roberts, Fleet Admiral of the Red|
|Re:||Plan for Selection of Future Royal Manticoran Navy Senior Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (ND 18MAY-02)|
In an effort to make sure that the Senior Enlisted member of the RMN is best qualified for the role and understands the issues and challenges facing the enlisted members in the RMN, the following process is put into place. This process is designed to ensure that any future SMCPONs for the RMN are best suited for the challenges they will face in the role and that they are selected by those who know the challenges best. This is the procedure which will be followed in the event that the current SMCPON needs to be replaced for whatever reason (resigns, hit by a bus, etc..).
1. If the Outgoing SMCPON is unavailable to help select their successor, for whatever reason, the First Space Lord will appoint an Acting SMCPON to ensure that the duties of the post (Enlisted promotion boards, ombudsman for enlisted members, advisor to the First Space Lord, etc..) are not overlooked while a new SMCPON is chosen. a. The Acting SMCPON will be selected from the sitting CSMCPO’s for the various Space Lords until one who is willing to serve in the role is found. b. If no Space Lord’s CSMCPO is willing to serve as Acting SMCPON, the Acting SMCPON will be chosen from among the CSMPO’s for the various RMN Fleets.
2. The Acting SMCPON will not be eligible to apply for appointment as the next SMCPON due to potential conflict of interest concerns. This disqualification will be communicated to the potential Acting SMCPON before they make a decision to accept the post in order to ensure they fully understand the restriction.
3. Outgoing/Acting SMCPON will assemble a panel of selectors to accept applications from interested enlisted members in order to find qualified candidates for the post. a. The selection panel will be made up of the outgoing/Acting SMCPON and two other members of their choosing; b. The two other members of the committee must be from different fleets so that three different fleets are represented; c. Both additional members of the Committee must be members of the RMN since the RMN SMCPON represents members from this branch; d. One of the two additional committee members may be a warrant or commissioned officer, at the discretion of the outgoing/Acting SMCPON; however, at least two of the three members (including the outgoing/Acting SMCPON) must be enlisted members of the RMN.
4. After the deadline for receipt of applications from interested RMN Enlisted members, the committee will meet and consider all applicants. The intent is for the committee to select three “Finalists” for the position, using whatever criteria they deem appropriate, important, and applicable.
5. Once the three finalists have been selected, the outgoing/Acting SMCPON will forward the names, in alphabetical order with no indication of preferred ranking, to the First Space Lord.
6. The First Space Lord will conduct one on one interviews with each of the three finalists. The sole purpose of these interviews is to determine whether or not the First Space Lord and the potential SMCPON finalist can work together in a productive, professional relationship to further the goals and interests of the enlisted members of the RMN.
7. Upon conclusion of the interviews, the First Space Lord will communicate back to the outgoing/Acting SMCPON nothing more than “yes” or “no” as to whether they can work with each of the three candidates for the position.
8. Upon receipt of the interview results, the outgoing/Acting SMCPON will make the final decision as to which of the finalists that received a “yes” comment from the First Space Lord will be the new SMCPON for the RMN. If the First Space Lord states that he could not work with any of the three finalists, then the application period will be extended and new finalists will be chosen and presented to the First Space Lord.
9. Once the final decision is made by the outgoing/Acting SMCPON, the name of the selected person will be communicated to the First Space Lord, who will announce the appointment and promote the selected applicant to Senior Master Chief Petty Officer.
10. At no time in the process, with the exception of the compatibility interviews will the First Space Lord have any input as to the selection process, other than the above mentioned compatibility interviews, unless specifically asked a question by the committee.
11. The entire process should take no more than 3-4 weeks from start to finish; additional time will be taken as needed to ensure a fair and unbiased process.
This order made under my hand will be effective 0001 hours 10-MAY-18.
Honour of the Queen!
|Lord Sir John Roberts, GCE, SC, OR, CGM, CBM|
|Fleet Admiral of the Red|
|First Space Lord|
|First Earl, New Mecklenberg|