Corps Directive 07-1808
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Corps Directive 07-1808 was issued 26 August 2018 under the authority of the Marshal of the Corps.
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Marine Corps|
|From:||Marshal of the Corps Sean Niemeyer, Commandant of the RMMC|
|Re:||Expeditionary Force Command Staffs (Corps Directive 07-1808)|
As the RMMC has grown, so to have its units. Some Expeditionary Forces are now large enough to support a command staff. Therefore, as of the date of this Order, by my hand, and by the authority of the Sovereign, Queen of Manticore Elizabeth III, the following is instituted with regards to Expeditionary Force Command Staffs.
Composition Expeditionary Force Command Staffs shall be comprised of; a Commanding Officer (CO), Executive Officer (XO), and Regimental Sergeant Major (RSGM). Members of the Expeditionary Force Command Staff may not hold any other billet within the regiments they command. Nor can they hold any other billet within the direct chain of command or that which would create a conflict of interest.
Expeditionary Forces Staff Positions An Expeditionary Force Commanding Officer may maintain a small staff to help with the operation of the Regiment. The staff positions are:
1. Aide-de-Camp - This billet is to acts as the Expeditionary Force Commanding Officer’s personal assistant, whose duties will be but not limited to help with time and daily management, scheduling of meetings, correspondence, and note taking, etc… Shall have a maximum rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
2. Expeditionary Forces Training Officer – This billet is responsible for coordinating training and associated records within an Expeditionary Force. This includes PT, Drill, and testing through the various academies within tRMN. Shall have a maximum rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
3. Staff Communications Officer - This billet is responsible for communications within the Expeditionary Force via various media. Also responsible for liaising with Fleet Communications Officers and the Fourth Space Lord’s office. Shall have a maximum rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
4. Staff Intelligence Officer - This billet is responsible for Special Projects within the Expeditionary Force. Also responsible for planning and strategy for events and conventions within the EF’s area of operations. Shall have a maximum rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
5. Staff Logistics Officer – This billet is responsible for maintaining a local inventory of RMMC supplies for new recruits and members who need supplies. Shall also coordinate the EF’s material needs with BuSup. Shall have a maximum rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
6. Staff Operations Officer – This billet is responsible for helping to coordinate the startup of new MARDETs and Assault Shittles. Shall have a maximum rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
An Expeditionary Force Commanding Officer may not wish to staff any or all the above staff positions. However, they are strongly encouraged to maintain a staff.
Establishment Expeditionary Force Command staffs shall be constituted by COMFORCECOM when an Expeditionary Force’s area of operations contains at least two (2) regiments and has enough members to allow for the Expeditionary Force Command staff to form without being detrimental to the already established MARDETs. COMFORCECOM shall choose the methods, policies, and procedures for selecting the Command Staffs as well as any other methods, policies, and procedures with the actual establishment of the Expeditionary Force Command staffs.
Expeditionary Force Command staffs may also be constituted at the direction of the Marshal of the Corps.
Command Authority Expeditionary Force Commands have the same authority that a typical MARDET commanding officer is entrusted with as well as that of an RMN Fleet Commanding Officer. This authority may be amended from time to time by various Admiralty Orders and/or Corps Directives.
Promotion and Awards Authority An Expeditionary Force Commanding Officer may promote and bestow awards at the same level as would an RMN Fleet Commanding Officer. Please see CD 04-1808 and CD 06-1808 for more information. This authority may be amended from time to time by various Admiralty Orders and/or Corps Directives.
MARDET Standup Authority An Expeditionary Force Commanding Officer may constitute the following MARDET types; Assault Shuttles and Platoons. After constituting any MARDET of those types, and BEFORE any official announcements are made, the necessary start-up paperwork should be forwarded to COMFORCECOM for final approval. After COMFORCECOM has approved the new MARDETs official announcements may be made by the Expeditionary Force Commander. This authority may be amended from time to time by various Admiralty Orders and/or Corps Directives.
Removal Expeditionary Force Commands serve at the pleasure of COMFORCECOM and ultimately the Marshal of the Corps. Procedures for removal and appeal are outlined in CD 02-1302.
Reporting See CD 01-1308 and any COMFORCECOM directives regarding reporting.
The above effective 0000 hrs. 26-AUG-18.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Marshal of the Corps|
|Lord Sir Sean Niemeyer, KSK, KDE, KCR, GS|
|Royal Manticoran Marine Corps|
|Duke, New Ulyanovsk|