Army Directive 2006-01
| NOTE: This Wiki is the authoritative source for orders per the Fourth Space Lord. All orders have been|
provided by the issuing authority or the TRMN Announcements & Orders group on Facebook.
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)||Home Office Directives (Civilian)|
|This Army Directive was SUPERSEDED by Army Directive 2111-09|
|To:||All Officers, Enlisted and Civilians in The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc.|
|From:||Chief of Staff|
|Re:||Queen's Own Open Enrollment June 1st -30th , 2020 Royal Manticore Army (Army Directive 2006-01)|
Attached is the requirements and information for enrolling into the Queen's Own Regiment of the Royal Manticore Army. Packets can be submitted from June 1st -30th every year. The board will meet and the selected members that qualify will be announced. Any questions can be submitted to the Chief of Staff.
|Beau Thacker, SC, DSO, QBM, EM|
|Field Marshal, RMA|
|Chief of Staff|
The order as posted to the TRMN forum included a downloadable attachment:
The Monarch’s Own Regiment (Queen’s Own)
The Monarch’s Own Regiment, which is currently designated the Queen’s Own (QO) with the Coronation of Queen Queen Elizabeth the 3rd, is established as the Royal Manticoran Army's Special Forces assigned to protect the King or Queen, with the 4th Battalion being the equivalent to the Royal Manticoran Navy's HMS Valhalla. Soldiers and Officers assigned to the QO are handpicked from the best of the best for service above and beyond their normal duties. They are meant to represent the best that the RMA or TRMN have to offer and as such, must have already demonstrated outstanding qualities above and beyond their peers in the four pillars of the Royal Manticoran Army (Leadership, Gaming, Fandom, and Charity).
1. The Monarch’s Own, Unit Makeup
Unit strength for the Queen’s Own Regiment shall not exceed more than 10% of the combined strength of the Royal Manticoran Army or 25 personnel per Battalion, whichever number of personnel is smaller. There shall never be more than 75 standing members of the Regiment, 3 Battalion Commanding Officer’s and the Regimental Commanding Officer (Total of 79). The combined strength of the Royal Manticoran Army, for the purposes of this order, shall be as of the last day that nominations are accepted for that one (1) year period. The Queen’s Own Battalion manning shall occur in the following order of precedence:
- Queen’s Own 1st Battalion, Chinati Ridge Raiders
- Queens’ Own 2nd Battalion, Copper Walls
- Queen’s Own 3rd Battalion, Bordeaux
- Queen’s Own 4th Battalion, Falcon’s End Rangers
Only when a QO Battalion has reached full strength, may the next Battalion begin to receive personnel. This includes both Officers and Enlisted.
4th Battalion serves in a similar capacity to the HMS Valhalla for RMA personnel who become deceased in the line of duty or who the RMA wish to honor as permanent members of the QO. Members that have served a 1 year term and have gone above and beyond the call of duty (earning the Adrienne Cross or the PMV) may be voted for permanent membership, along with any Commanding Officer that has shown similar service to the QO.
2. Nomination Process of Queen's Own Soldiers
Nominations will be submitted to the Chief of Staff, who will form a board consisting of RMA High Command members and the Regimental Commander of the Queen’s Own. Should a member of the High Command be nominated , they shall recuse themselves from that vote. If there are an even number of board members or the QO Regimental Commander is unavailable, a current member of the Queen’s Own, a Regimental Commander of the line, or F-2 or above member from another branch may be appointed as an alternate.
The Queen’s Own Nomination Board
The Queen’s Own Nomination Board (QONB) which will consist of:
- The Marshal of the Army (MotA)
- Chief of Staff (RMACOS) will act as the chair
- The Sergeant Major of the Army (SMRMA)
- One member of the High Command assigned by the MotA
- The Current QO Regiment CO
Alternate members of the Board:
- Line Regiment CO
- Ranking member of the Queen's Own
- High Ranking F-2 or above from another Branch
Prospective Queen’s Own Soldier’s must seek out nominations by submitting a Nomination Packet during the Nomination period of 01 June-30 June to be considered, by the Chief of Staff for a position in the Queen’s Own Regiment. The packet will be reviewed by the Chief of Staff for completeness and a nomination board will be set up to vote on all completed and received packets by the date indicated above. Completed packets will be composed of the following required documentation:
- NCOIC or Commanding Officer's recommendation letter
- Introduction and Qualifications letter with the following
1. Minimum Qualification rank of E-4 Lance Corporal 2. Minimum Time in Service of 1 Year TRMN 3. Minimum Time in Army Branch of 6 Months 4. Minimum Academy Courses with 100% scores 5. Minimum Awards Received
Explanation of packet required documents for Nomination
- The NCOIC or CO recommendation letter, should be a recommendation by your leader on your performance of following the 4 pillars as set in the Royal Manticore Army. It also should confirm that the nominee has the required scores and qualifications as set in this Army Directive.
- The minimum rank is set at Lance Corporal , this shows that the nominee has some experience and is dedicated to following the 4 pillars of the Royal Manticore Army.
- The minimum time in service of 1 year, shows that the nominee is committed to the TRMN as a whole by serving for 1 year.
- The minimum time in the RMA branch shows that the nominee is committed to serving the Royal Manticore Army by serving at least 6 months within the branch.
- The minimum courses are as follows, By taking either, the RMMC or RMA basic enlisted course and basic NCO course (SIA-RMMC-0001/ 0002, KR1MA-RMA-0001/0004) and the RMMC Riflemans or RMA Infantry course (SIA-SRMC-07A/ KR1MA-RMAT-08A ) and completing them with 100% scores
- The minimum awards are as follows, Either earning the RMN High Expert in Pistol and Rifle or the RMA high Expert in Pistol and Rifle and the Royal Manticore Army's Combat Infantry Badge (qualification for the CIB are released in Army Directive xx-xxxx), must be completed.
Only the most highly qualified members are assigned to the Queen’s Own. The content of nomination packet must demonstrate the following criteria:
- Academic Excellence
- Demonstrate that their actions have directly contributed to the RMA
- Demonstrate Leadership
- Demonstrate Character
- Demonstrate Selfless-Service
- Demonstrates Charity
- A member of the QO should be someone who goes above and beyond in supporting their fellow soldiers, their unit, and the Army as a whole. The Nomination Board shall rate all prospective
3. Selection and Assignment to Queen’s Own Regiment
Nomination Packets will be voted on and selected , with the following criteria. Each Year The QO Regiment will induct only 79 highly qualified Soldier’s submitting qualifying packets, that meet all the criteria of above, if more than 79 packets completed packets are are turned in, then the board will vote on the packets by letter of recommendation of their NCOIC or CO as to the nominees service of following the 4 pillars of the Royal Manticore Army, which are Leadership/Testing, Gaming, Fandom, and Charity. Once selected you will be assigned to a Battalion. Regiment and Battalion Commanders will be selected from the top scoring completed packets, with the Regimental Commander being Flag Rank, and the Battalion Commander, of general officer rank. Each Battalion will have one SGM, and 2 Companies of 12 members a piece. ( 1 CO, 1 XO, 2 lower officers, 2 NCO,s and 6 Lance Corporals or above ) for a total of ( 6 CO, 6 XO, 6 lower off, 6 NCO, and 36 Lance Corporal or higher ) for the Regiment.
Battalion Commander, Monarch’s Own Regiment
Nomination to the Battalion Officers Commanding of the Queen’s Own Regiment may be submitted by fellow Officers Commanding with a minimum rank of Captain (O-3) and above. A person must receive at least two nominations to be considered. The nominations shall be vetted and voted on by all members of the Royal Manticoran Army High Command. Where any of the voting Officers is also a nominee, they shall recuse themselves from that particular vote.
Commander, Monarch’s Own Regiment
The Regimental Commanding Officer, will be a Flag Grade Officer of (F-1 to F-5) and will serve a 1 year term, usually October to October. They may be in command of one other command during their service to the Queen’s Own. They may serve another term if no qualified applicants are present for the next year. The Regiment Commander is authorized to wear a red/gold aiguillette on the left shoulder. Nomination to the Regimental Officers Commanding of the Queen’s Own Regiment may be submitted by fellow Officers Commanding with a minimum rank of Major (O-4) and above. A person must receive at least two nominations to be considered. The nominations shall be vetted and voted on by all members of the Royal Manticoran Army High Command. Where any of the voting Officers is also a nominee, they shall recuse themselves from that particular vote.
- Monarch's Own
- Army Directive 2117-07: Monarch's Own Nominations
- Army Directive 2111-09: Composition of the Monarch's Own (Supersedes this directive)
- The document does not list a Directive number, but the qualifications are in Army Directive 2111-05