Admiralty Order 1406-03
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Admiralty Order 1406-03 was issued June 30, 2014 by the First Lord of the Admiralty. It establishes the definitive policy regarding live-fire weapons activities and The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc..
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Navy, Marine Corps and Army|
|From:||Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS, First Lord of the Admiralty, Admiral of the Fleet, Duke, New Scania|
|Re:||Marksmanship Awards and Live Fire (Admiralty Order 1406-03)|
This will be the final and definitive answer to this question, and is now codified in our Admiralty Orders.
TRMN is a private organization. As such, if we offer a medal for actual shooting, we would bear a legal liability for anything that goes wrong during such an exercise. It was my decision, as a former Navy veteran, and as someone who has used firearms before, that TRMN will not take on that liability. There are many organizations that will reward you for your ability to shoot, including the NRA and local gun clubs. As such, we see no need to duplicate their efforts.
As such, TRMN does not permit live fire for its Marksmanship awards. Additionally, not every member will qualify for every award. This is a simple fact of life, and if you don't game, then you will not qualify for the Marksmanship awards. TRMN is a Fan Association. We are fans of David Weber's Honor Harrington Series. While there are aspects that mirror real military service, *we* are not a real military, and nor will we become one.
You may not like these reasons, but they are the reasons we do not offer Live Fire for Marksmanship awards. We will not consider changing this policy, and if the complaints become excessive, we will remove the temptation altogether and simply remove the Marksmanship Awards.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS|
|Admiral of the Fleet RMN|
|First Lord of the Admiralty|
|First Duke, New Scania|
- Admiralty Order 1604-02: "Marksmanship Rifle Qualifiers - Updated"
- Admiralty Order 1411-03: "Marksmanship Rifle Qualifiers - Updated"
- Admiralty Order 1406-03: "Marksmanship Awards and Live Fire"
- Admiralty Order 1305-02: "Marksman Pistol Qualifiers - Updated"
- Admiralty Order 1304-06: "Marksmanship Rifle Qualifiers - Updated"
- Admiralty Order 1304-05: "Marksman Pistol Qualifiers - Updated"
- Admiralty Order 1204-01: "Marksmanship Award Update"
- Admiralty Order 1006-03: "Marksman Pistol/Rifle - Update"
- Admiralty Order 1006-04: "Award Precedence"
- Admiralty Order 1005-02: "Marksmanship Awards"
- Naval Rifle Marksmanship Award
- Naval Pistol Marksmanship Award
- Admiralty Order 1406-03 (TRMN.org)