Admiralty Order 1406-01
|TRMN Orders & Directives|
|Admiralty Orders (TRMN)||Protector's Orders (GSN)||Naval Directives (RMN)||Corps Directives (RMMC)||Army Directives (RMA)|
Admiralty Order 1406-01 was issued June 16, 2014 by the First Lord of the Admiralty. It defines the policy and procedures for artwork in The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc..
|To:||All Officers and Enlisted in the Royal Manticoran Navy, Marine Corps and Army|
|From:||Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS, First Lord of the Admiralty, Admiral of the Fleet, Duke, New Scania|
|Re:||Artwork Approval (Admiralty Order 1406-01)|
Due to ensuring that we meet all of our licensing requirements and to ensure a consistent standard and level of quality be maintained with all Artwork, this will be the formal approval process for all Artwork published by The Royal Manticoran Navy. Published will be defined as the following:
- Anything posted on a TRMN related Website such as logos, ship crests, coats of arms, insignia, awards, etc.
- Anything printed in a TRMN related publication, such as:
- Anything business relates to TRMN, such as:
- Business Cards
All artwork meeting the above criteria will use the following process:
- After creating the artwork, it must be submitted to BuComm for approval, using the BuComm Artwork Approval Form (Form AO1406-01).
- .BuComm will have seventy-two hours to review all artwork submissions.
- .BuComm will reply with one of the following:
- Approved w/ Changes
- Request Further Information
- If Approved, you may begin using the artwork immediately.
- If Approved w/ Changes, you must implement the BuComm Changes and then begin using the new artwork immediately. These changes would be minor in nature and can be easily fixed.
- .If Rejected, BuComm must provide a reason for the rejection. This must be a serious reason requiring more than a minor fix to the artwork in question. You may then make appropriate changes and resubmit to BuComm.
- .If Request Further Information, BuComm must clarify what it is looking for, and the submitter must do their best to answer the request. A resubmission with the additional information is required.
This will be the process for all artwork in TRMN as of the 16JUN14.
In Honour of the Queen!
|Martin Lessem, KSK, GCE, KCR, DSO, GS|
|Admiral of the Fleet RMN|
|First Lord of the Admiralty|
|First Duke, New Scania|
OK all, let me clarify this for all of you (BuComm & BuPlan included):
We need to make sure that our artwork that we present, online and at conventions, does not violate copyright.
That having been said, let me clear some confusion up:
- Art work that has been previously approved, for example ship crests, may be used in any format once they have been approved. The format itself does not need to be approved. Format would include a recruiting slide show at a con, or a ships plaque in a meeting room.
- Convention displays, as long as they use previously approved materials, do not need to be approved. They only need approval if you use new artwork.
- The book covers, while covered under copyright, have been used by TRMN in the past, and have been seen by David with no complaint. These may continue to be used until further notice.
- Videos from the game Tales of Honor, which the company encourages it's users to post online and share, may be used in recruiting presentations, as long as they are the videos of the person who created the presentation.
- BuPlan will approve any new recruiting language. Anything previously used may continue to be used so long as it does not contradict our Website or Membership Handbook.
- The Artwork approval process remains in effect. Please ensure all new artwork is approved by BuComm.
- Clarification from the FLA regarding AO 1406-01 on the BuComm TRMN Facebook Group (closed group, requires access approval)